St Groeges to the Dockyards

Fam of 5

Is there a ferry from St Georges to the Dockyards? I thought that I had read that and couldn't find it on a search. I don't remember seeing a ferry last year at St. Georges. We need to get to the Dockyards by 12:30, please don't tell me to take the bus. If need be I'll spend the money on a cab, I just can't stand the idea of getting back on those crowded busses. Thanks, as always, for your help!

Thanks for your help. Looks like we can take the ferry from St George to the Dockyard then on the way home probably the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton and a cab from Hamilton back to the ship. I would like to hang around the dockyard a bit ( no pun intended) I have heard about the snorkel park there anyone ever been?

The ferries to and from Hamilton run every hour or so. This is the schedule for the one that come through St George. It should be no problem to get a ferry to Hamilton and then a cab to St George....good luck enjoy Bermuda are you on the the Majesty?

SMEYER418 is correct about the link and info.

What I find interesting is that the last ferry back to the dockyards from St. George is at 3:45 PM. Nothing later !!!

That seems odd, especially when there is a cruise ship at the dockyards. An hour by ferry back to the dockyards in the evening, after a day of fun & sun in St. George area would have been ideal.

Oh well...

Yes, We're on the Majesty for our second trip. The ferry sounds great, maybe we can hang out in Hamilton for a little bit also before we head back to the ship. Who knows, if it's late enough we may brave the bus again if they're not too crowded. Is the ferry fare included in the daily bus pass or do we but those seperately?

I checked out the link to the bus schedule, but don't see what I'm looking for. Can any one tell me if there is a bus that goes from the Dockyards into other areas? Specifically, I'd like to go from the Dockyards to the Crystal Caves and the Crystal Caves to the Aquarium. Or from the Dockyards to the Aquarium and then the Aquarium to the Crystal Caves.

I can probably figure out how to get from Aquarium to Caves or Caves to Aquarium, but there doesn't seem to be a bus schedule for the Dockyard areal. They all say either Hamilton or St. Georges.

We can taxi if we have to, just want to know all our options.

You can get to all places by bus. The Aquarium is between Hamilton and St. George you may want to take the ferry from the Dockyard and then a bus from Hamilton to the caves. When you buy your pass they can explain what numbers go where. Then just ask the driver to alert you when you are getting to your stop. Are you staying or docked at the Dockyards?

The bus schedule usually has only the start point and the end point (usually one of Hamilton, Dockyard or St. Georges).

Getting from Dockyard to the Aquarium and/or Caves is a two-step process.

1) either take the bus (#7 or #8) or ferry to Hamilton

2) go to the bus terminal in Hamilton and take the #10 or #11 to get to the Aquarium, or Crystal Caves (for the caves you have to get off at Swizzle Inn and walk a hundred yards or so). You can also take the #1 or #3 as they will go by the Caves, but not the Aquarium.

The snorkle park seemed nice. The water was cold when we were there, so I did not get in, but many were in there. Many were snorkling and I heard some come out and say they saw fish. There are rentals there (chairs, water toys, umbrellas, etc.), snack bar and changing facilities/restrooms. It is free to walk in there. The sand is course and has broken shells, etc. mixed in, Water shoes would make it more comfortable. The water did not seem rough and it's sort of like a cove, bordered by rocks/cliff on one side. Two water slides out in the water as well. Kids seemed to enjoy those.

Fam of 5, Swizzle - Thank you both for your help! This is exactly what I needed to know!

We are docked at the Dockyards. Going to be in Bermuda for one long day - from something like 7:00 a.m. one day until 1:00 a.m. the following.

Bingo3 Thanks for the info. I've found that water shoes are always a good idea regardless of what beach your on. I'm trying to scope out diffrent things than what we did last year.

Iszu, When will you be there? You may want to get off the ship early as the shops in St George close around 6:00 pm

Swizzle, As always your knowledge is wonderful. Do you think the ferry from Dockyards to Hamilton then either a taxi or cbus is the best way back to St. George? I wish the ferry had a late run back to St. George?

Thanks again!

Archived