Blue Water Safaris Catamaran

raynvic

I went with Blue Water Safaris on my last cruise. It was an excellent day and I'd book with them again in a heartbeat. The catamaran is docked right within walking distance from the ship so you don't waste any precious excursion time travelling in a van. The snorkeling was excellent, we went to ****ten Bay (and I'm not ****ten you mon). I snorkel all over and I'm not easily impressed with most snorkel excursions but this one was right up there. Crew was great and they had their hands full on this trip with lots of first time snorkelers, everyone had a ball. Lunch was good and drinks were good.

I actually looked into booking with them again on my cruise next month but noticed that when sailing Carnival you can only book them thru the ship. I'm not big on booking thru the ship, for one thing it's about $10 more and I hate how over crowded the ship excursions are. I will only go with them again if I can book independently, like I did when sailing on Royal Caribbean.

68934_311992442236256_22239085_n.jpg

262676_311992872236213_730679925_n.jpg

430827_311992855569548_167872819_n.jpg

524929_311992705569563_675860387_n.jpg

150666_311992458902921_405276217_n.jpg?lvh=1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How was your Blue Water trip? I will be there in early January

thanks

Sorry... We've been very busy since returning. I hope it's not too late for you.

We had a great day with Blue Water. The boat is in great shape, the crew was wonderful and the snorkeling was very good. Not as much coral as other places we have been but beautiful water and a good variety of fish.

I have a bunch of pictures in my Summit review linked in my signature.

One question: is there any shade on the boat? Thanks for the pics--Amy

Yes, there is shade, but it depends on which boat. They have a larger catamaran and a smaller one. The larger one had a large shaded area.

HOW DIDYOU GET IN TOUCH WITH THIS TOUR?? DO YOU HAVE TO BOK THRU THE CRUISE LINE? THANK YOU:eek:

No needs to shout :-D :-D (typing in all caps is considered shouting).

I sent them an e-mail off of their web site and received a response the next day. I worked with Shauna. shauna@bluewatersafaris.com

I think they do have a contract with some cruise lines. We were on Celebrity and did not have to book through them.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are on Carnival - you can still book a private charter catamaran thru Blue Water Safaris. I just got a confirmation back from them that it is available for our upcoming cruise in March. Up to 12 passengers - 1/2 day snorkeling & Nevis beach.

You can email them any questions you might have, go to their website http://www.bluewatersafaris.com/catamaran-cruises click onto "contact us" at the right hand top of the site.

They are pretty quick to answer any questions. I emailed them this way last night and had my answer early this morning.

Good luck.

I went with Blue Water Safaris on my last cruise. It was an excellent day and I'd book with them again in a heartbeat. The catamaran is docked right within walking distance from the ship so you don't waste any precious excursion time travelling in a van. The snorkeling was excellent, we went to ****ten Bay (and I'm not ****ten you mon). I snorkel all over and I'm not easily impressed with most snorkel excursions but this one was right up there. Crew was great and they had their hands full on this trip with lots of first time snorkelers, everyone had a ball. Lunch was good and drinks were good.

I actually looked into booking with them again on my cruise next month but noticed that when sailing Carnival you can only book them thru the ship. I'm not big on booking thru the ship, for one thing it's about $10 more and I hate how over crowded the ship excursions are. I will only go with them again if I can book independently, like I did when sailing on Royal Caribbean.

68934_311992442236256_22239085_n.jpg

262676_311992872236213_730679925_n.jpg

430827_311992855569548_167872819_n.jpg

524929_311992705569563_675860387_n.jpg

150666_311992458902921_405276217_n.jpg?lvh=1

How many people do you think is the max for this excursion? I, like you, don't care for that cattle call tours. Too many people on board is not worth the money spent.

• 2 weeks later...
:) Hoping that I can book this company when we go in March. We did something familiar two years ago and it was fantastic… crossing my fingers, I sent an email. If no answer, anyone has suggestions???

I emailed them and they told me that there catamarans have been booked out to the cruise lines therefore they will not have any tours available on the day that we dock. :(.

I contacted Blue Water Safaris for the all day catamaran tour that also goes to Nevis. I am with a group go six, three couples in our 40-50s. We would really like to do this excusion, but The company needs 10-12 passengers to make the sail. This is for March 31, 2014. We are on the March 29 sailing on Celebrity Summit. So far, we are the only ones tentatively booked. If you are interested, contact Shauna at Blue water safaris, I got a quicker response when I emailed through their Facebook page.

Hi 2muchluggage,

We are a group of 4 adults that would also like to take a Blue Water Safaris catamaran trip. I had contacted Shauna a few weeks ago about the half-day trip and received the same response that you receive for the all-day trip. We would like to join your group and make this trip happen. We are also on the Summit, doing B/B weeks,3/22 and 3/29. We are also looking for people to join us on a catamaran sail in St Lucia, Mystic Man Catamaran Tours. Let me know if these arrangements are OK and I will contact Shauna.

Gerry

Gerry k

That would be great! Yes, please let her know you are interested. I will email her again to confirm. Need to find out payment details, as we are hoping for a clear sailing day. Will find out policy in case of bad weather.:) Pray for sunshine!

Contacted Shauna today asked her to confirm. Lets also pray for a calm day. Lets contact each other when we receive her reply.

Hello 2Muchluggage,

Received a reply from Shauna today and she confirmed the tour.She sent forms to complete to cover a deposit. Have you received anything from her? She did not include a cancellation policy though, will contact her again for clarification and if they just hold the credit card or do the charge the 50% deposit? Will wait to hear from you.

Thanks

Gerry

Hello 2Muchluggage,

Received a reply from Shauna today and she confirmed the tour.She sent forms to complete to cover a deposit. Have you received anything from her? She did not include a cancellation policy though, will contact her again for clarification and if they just hold the credit card or do the charge the 50% deposit? Will wait to hear from you.

Thanks

Gerry

No did not hear anything yet, will attempt email again and ask as well about cancellation policy. Thanks for taking that step. I will follow up as well

Vicki

I received an email response from Shauna:

"If we have to cancel due to bad weather or if the ship does not dock in our port for any reason you will get a full refund of your deposit. Our lunch menu consists of a stewed chicken in pineapple sauce, rice and peas, Greek pasta salad, cole slaw and banana bread for dessert. The bar consist of Juices: Orange juice, pineapple juice and passion fruit juice, ting, Carib beer, sodas, coco cola, coke zero, sprite, ginger ale, white rum, dark rum, coconut rum and vodka."

:rolleyes:Of course, I had to find out what we were drinking!

I guess I feel pretty comfortable sending the deposit, just have to get my travel mates to do theirs as well. (I'm not paying for everyone!)

What do you think, Gerry?

I received an email response from Shauna:

"If we have to cancel due to bad weather or if the ship does not dock in our port for any reason you will get a full refund of your deposit. Our lunch menu consists of a stewed chicken in pineapple sauce, rice and peas, Greek pasta salad, cole slaw and banana bread for dessert. The bar consist of Juices: Orange juice, pineapple juice and passion fruit juice, ting, Carib beer, sodas, coco cola, coke zero, sprite, ginger ale, white rum, dark rum, coconut rum and vodka."

:rolleyes:Of course, I had to find out what we were drinking!

I guess I feel pretty comfortable sending the deposit, just have to get my travel mates to do theirs as well. (I'm not paying for everyone!)

What do you think, Gerry?

Sounds good for us Vicki, will send the deposit for the four of us this week. Our names are Liz and Gerry and Deb and Gary and we have cabins 8030 & 8032. Maybe we can meet and have a drink before St Kitts. We are on B/B cruises 3/22 and 3/29. Let me know if your group is a go, see everyone soon.

Gerry

Gerry and Gary, that's almost as interesting as our group that has 2 Kims. So we are Vicki and Rick, Kim and Darryl, Kim and John. We are in 7047, K&D are next door, K&J are on another deck, somewhere swimming on deck 2 LOL, they booked way after us.:D A drink sounds great (we have the Classic Package so we want to make sure we get our money's worth, even though it was free) here's my email if you have any other information vicki60408@gmail.com.

So I faxed the form and it went through OK. I have to get the others to do the same.