EZ Check

Mrs.Sunshine

If we only have 2 bags and are flying on Southwest from FLL, can we get away w/ only paying one $20 service fee? We always checkin our bags at the airport under only my husband's name. He is a preferred traveler w/ most airlines so they usually mark his bags w/ a priority sticker.

Be warned, on our Alaska cruise in 2010 we used EZ-Check, and we ended up paying luggage fees even though I was silver elite on Continental and should have received free bags.

That said, we used it again in 2012 as it really simplifies life in Whittier at the end of a NB Alaska cruise, even if we did pay bag fees.

We are two adults with a total of two bags leaving from FLL at 12:59 PM on US Air. What is the best way to fill out the EZ Check form and what should we expect to pay total?
Your cost would be $20/pp for $40, plus any airline baggage fees. This is a service and that's what you're paying for, not the number of bags.

As soon as you receive the form, fill it out, mark the number of bags, check off if you are exempt from baggage fees and drop off at the Passenger Services Desk along with a copy of your boarding passes. They will make copies for you but it's quicker, easier and I can make notes, if necessary, on the copy I bring.

For five minutes, you should be OK. I've booked EZ check with a 5-minute difference. It'll probably depend on the number of applications and who is processing them.

I always bring an extra printout of my air e-ticket so everything can be stapled together. I note/circle anything I want to bring to their attention and I always make sure I hand it in ASAP and don't wait.

It's not princess that makes the ultimate decision, it's the airlines.

In November on cruise from Houston, there was no EZ Check offered for any airline for either airport. I was also on Southwest at Hobby airport.

When I asked about it on my Caribbean Princess cruise out Houston on 12/14 they looked at me as if I was crazy and had never heard of such a thing.

• 3 weeks later...

We wish to use the ez check service on our upcoming cruise docking in Ft Lauderdale. Our flight originates as a Southwest Flight but we change to Air Tran at BWI. Do you think that will be two different airlines or really the same as they are now merged. Any input would be helpful Thanks in advance

EZ Check is available at certain US ports (and Vancouver, I think). When the cruise ends and if you are flying on participating airlines you can pay a fee to have Princess check you in for the flight. When you put your luggage out at the end of the cruise it will go directly to the airport and you won't see it until you get to your home airport.

Movies Under The Stars.

Ez Check isn't available in Vancouver because you personally have clear Canadian Customs before going on to the airport.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app