Atlantis, Blue Lagoon or Balmoral for Dolphin Encounter

Lessum

We are looking at a shallow water dolphin encounter for me, hubby and 2 girls ages 4 and 7 in a few weeks. Does anyone have experience with any of these? I already know that both girls are eligible even with their age. For the dates we are there, Atlantis is actually significantly less money than the other options. I have heard the photos are OUTRAGEOUS though. But even with that and lunch it would still cost less.

Just wanted to hear if anyone had any thoughts?

Balmoral Island! So beautiful! We did the stingrays but the guests who did the dolphins said they loved it! Just by watching, they had a lot of interaction one on one with the dolphins. Plus, there were very few people because the excursion is so new still. I think the price was $104? and it would definitely be worth it. The only reason we didn't do it is because we had 3 children with us and it still would've been pricey for all 5 of us.

Also wanted to add that our children are 15, 9, 6 and 9 months and the beach was perfect for them. The water was crystal blue and so calm. They loved every minute of it. The catamaran ride to/from to the island was a fun one, too. Also, I'm not sure about the dolphins, but with the stingrays we were able to go in/out of the pen with them for the entire length of our time on the beach. Huge bonus.

Edited by TS8213

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the blue lagoon. Nice boat ride out, pretty beach which is included with cost of animal excursions, and very well cared for dolphins in a clean area. Heard from people that did this and atlantis that the water at atlantis was not as clean. That was back in march though so not sure if it would be different now. You are also allowed to bring a waterproof camera into the water at blue lagoon to take your own photos in addition to being able to buy ones from them, and you can wander around to see the sea lions before or after. Would definitely go back to blue lagoon again if I'm in nassau.

• 3 weeks later...

We choose blue lagoon I found it had better reviews we also got to spend the day on the beach after. Now unfortunately it poured and was miserable during the encounter and I did feel like it was like do this so they could take a picture we also missed out on some pictures due to the rain. We got to dance, hug and feed the dolphin though. Group size was about 10 I would say and it did feel like an assembly line just switching turns.

I would suggest the swim I think it would be worth the extra money not sure if it would be good for your youngest though.

Can you wait until the day of and just get a cab to do any of these encounters?? I really don't want to spend the $$$ if it's going to be too cold, rainy, etc?? We are going in feb.

Most of the excursions fill up ahead of time maybe not as much in February I'm not sure but I would suggest making a reservation if you really want to do it.

Can you wait until the day of and just get a cab to do any of these encounters?? I really don't want to spend the $$$ if it's going to be too cold, rainy, etc?? We are going in feb.

For the most part, these encounters fill up months in advance. Even in the winter months. Wet suit are provided by both Blue Lagoon and Atlantis, not sure about Balmoral.

• 7 months later...