New Orleans Port Question

rhinomike

We will be boarding the Sunshine on 12/29/13. We are staying in the French Quarter a few blocks from Cafe Du Monde. Can we walk from our room to the port/boarding area or is it too far and better to get a cab.

I have no idea where the ship boards. Thank you.

We will be boarding the Sunshine on 12/29/13. We are staying in the French Quarter a few blocks from Cafe Du Monde. Can we walk from our room to the port/boarding area or is it too far and better to get a cab.

I have no idea where the ship boards. Thank you.

It would be quite a walk. Approx. 2 miles according to mapquest. I think you would be better off getting a taxi!!

Or take a Riverfront streetcar. These are actually like airport shuttles, not like the *real* streetcars on St Charles & Canal, so you will have room for your luggage. There's one that goes from the French Market to the Port. Get on at Fr. Mkt. (the "A" marker--closest to Café du Monde) & ride to the end. Here's the link http://www.norta.com/Maps_Schedules/SystemMap/IndividualMap/index.html?ID=2#. Notice that when you click the map to satellite view and enlarge, you can see a Carnival ship at dock just by the "C" marker.

Edited by sofietucker

Luggage is not allowed on most RTA vehicles, but a taxi should be around $7/pp from the hotel to the port.

I believe that's correct -- it is a fixed rate from any hotel in the Quarter. We had a fantastic time in New Orleans last month - before and after the Conquest.

Try to allow time to visit the WWII Museum -- it is incredible.