Norwegian Dawn Television Options

SeaShark

For those who might be interested, the following is the Television Station lineup that was available onboard the Norwegian Dawn for the November 15th sailing:

• Channel 1 :: Onboard Information
  • Channel 2 :: Navigational Information
  • Channel 3 :: Restaurant Information
  • Channel 4 :: Safety Channel
  • Channel 5 :: Shopping Channel
  • Channel 6 :: Destinations and Cruise Rewards Channel
  • Channel 7 :: Bow Camera
  • Channel 8 :: Activities Channel
  • Channel 9 :: Favorite Shows
  • Channel 10 :: Fox News
  • Channel 11 :: ESPN
  • Channel 12 :: MSNBC
  • Channel 13 :: CNBC
  • Channel 14 :: BBC World News
  • Channel 15 :: New Releases Movies
  • Channel 16 :: Feature Movies
  • Channel 18 :: Engage

To give you an idea of the type of selections available, here are the movie broadcast schedules for 1 day:

Channel 15 Movie Schedule (New Releases)

10:30am :: Epic

12:30pm :: The Croods

2:30pm :: Red 2

4:30pm :: Nicky Deuce

6:00pm :: The Great Gatsby

8:30pm :: The Lone Ranger

11:00pm :: Man of Steel

Channel 16 Movie Schedule (Feature)

10:30am :: The Smurfs

12:30pm :: Up

2:30pm :: The Social Network

4:30pm :: The Proposal

6:00pm :: The Muppets

8:30pm :: Sherlock Holmes

11:00pm :: Pitch Perfect

For those who might be interested, the following is the Television Station lineup that was available onboard the Norwegian Dawn for the November 15th sailing:

• Channel 1 :: Onboard Information
  • Channel 2 :: Navigational Information
  • Channel 3 :: Restaurant Information
  • Channel 4 :: Safety Channel
  • Channel 5 :: Shopping Channel
  • Channel 6 :: Destinations and Cruise Rewards Channel
  • Channel 7 :: Bow Camera
  • Channel 8 :: Activities Channel
  • Channel 9 :: Favorite Shows
  • Channel 10 :: Fox News
  • Channel 11 :: ESPN
  • Channel 12 :: MSNBC
  • Channel 13 :: CNBC
  • Channel 14 :: BBC World News
  • Channel 15 :: New Releases Movies
  • Channel 16 :: Feature Movies
  • Channel 18 :: Engage

To give you an idea of the type of selections available, here are the movie broadcast schedules for 1 day:

Channel 15 Movie Schedule (New Releases)

10:30am :: Epic

12:30pm :: The Croods

2:30pm :: Red 2

4:30pm :: Nicky Deuce

6:00pm :: The Great Gatsby

8:30pm :: The Lone Ranger

11:00pm :: Man of Steel

Channel 16 Movie Schedule (Feature)

10:30am :: The Smurfs

12:30pm :: Up

2:30pm :: The Social Network

4:30pm :: The Proposal

6:00pm :: The Muppets

8:30pm :: Sherlock Holmes

11:00pm :: Pitch Perfect

No ABC, CBS, or NBC....at all?

Funny story about the "Restaurants Channel"... Between the times it shows availability at various times for all the restaurants (5:30, 6:00, etc.), it switches at some point overnight and cycles through an old video for all the Dawn's restaurants and shows the menus.

I happenned to switch over to the channel one morning and imagine my surprise at seeing descriptions of "Salsas" followed by the menu. It also showed "Impressions" - which is now "La Cucina". It was also fun checking out the old menus for "Le Bistro" and "Cagney's".

We were on the Dawn last January during the NFL playoffs. We were pleased that all the games were shown not only in bars but in the cabins on one of the channels.

Hard to imagine nothing for kids as I seem to recall kids' shows on most ships we've been on. Is Nick only on the designated ships?

I saw some kids shows -- maybe Favorites plays them early in the morning?

The other weird thing is that there would be huge gaps. No commercials, which is nice, but if a sitcom only took 20 mins to air, there might be a 40 min wait for the next show to begin. And the movies and tv episodes repeat. I think we saw the same Mike and Molly episode 3 times one week.

There were a lot of home improvement shows.

They did away with them a few years back. Saved a nickel and a dime.

It's obvious from the NUMEROUS posts that you have left that you feel NCL either nickel and dimes their customers or often makes decisions based purely on profits. Is NCL a charity? Is it not their goal to maximize their profits? Ultimately the decisions to change things can affect their customers satisfaction and if those customers choose to return.

I will not accuse you of hating NCL so you can have the satisfaction of challenging me to find the post where you said you "hate" NCL. I will however question why if being nickeled and dimed is so offensive to you that you feel the need to add your obligatory post to the numerous topics that discuss changes NCL has made, that you not make your opinion felt in a way that NCL can clearly hear you and choose another vacation option?

It's obvious that you have strong feelings about that NCL is not giving you what you feel they should from what you paid for your cruise. I respect everyone's right to express their opinion,but how is posting the same tired rant about nickel and diming over and over again helpful? All it does is make you seem bitter.

It's obvious from the NUMEROUS posts that you have left that you feel NCL either nickel and dimes their customers or often makes decisions based purely on profits. Is NCL a charity? Is it not their goal to maximize their profits? Ultimately the decisions to change things can affect their customers satisfaction and if those customers choose to return.

I will not accuse you of hating NCL so you can have the satisfaction of challenging me to find the post where you said you "hate" NCL. I will however question why if being nickeled and dimed is so offensive to you that you feel the need to add your obligatory post to the numerous topics that discuss changes NCL has made, that you not make your opinion felt in a way that NCL can clearly hear you and choose another vacation option?

It's obvious that you have strong feelings about that NCL is not giving you what you feel they should from what you paid for your cruise. I respect everyone's right to express their opinion,but how is posting the same tired rant about nickel and diming over and over again helpful? All it does is make you seem bitter.

These boards are about NCL, not me. I post my opinions, as do you. Not sure why you think people posting opinions has to in some way be 'helpful'.

I will offer this 'helpful' advice, there is an ignore feature which is fairly easy to use.

Do you go to cruise or to watch TV?

no but when something big happens, last year we were on the Legend when Sandy hook went down.

Also kids channels can help the kids to settle down and be out of the way in a small cabin.

Not sure why you think people posting opinions has to in some way be 'helpful'.

Perhaps they think that because of the Board's published guidelines.

"Cruise Critic's Cruise boards, as well as the information you read in our Member's Cruise Review area, and our Cruiser's Choice Poll
are designed to help cruisers
obtain cruise-related information and discuss ways to make cruising more enjoyable, and perhaps even offer you a money-saving tip or two!"

no but when something big happens, last year we were on the Legend when Sandy hook went down.

Also kids channels can help the kids to settle down and be out of the way in a small cabin.

Your reply made me do a double take! If I didn't already know that you were talking about children, when you said "settle down and be out of the way" I might have thought you were describing one of life's major inconvienences!

Your reply made me do a double take! If I didn't already know that you were talking about children, when you said "settle down and be out of the way" I might have thought you were describing one of life's major inconvienences!

no no no...just a small cabin and nothing to distract the kids, while mom and dad get ready or are doing normal things... :o not you know...;)

Do you go to cruise or to watch TV?

I go to cruise. But when I'm in my room getting ready for the day (or the evening), I like to have the tv on. When the tv's on, I prefer watching something I enjoy to something I don't.

I must say, however, cruise ships have come a loooooong way from when they only showed one movie over and over and the ship channel!