Which ship should I pick, conquest, liberty or glory?

meliss35

I am thinking of going with my husband on a 7 night exotic western cruise. Which ship should I choose, Conquest, Liberty or Glory?

They all three are the same I have only been on the Conquest which is a beautiful ship so I like Conquest.

The 3 ships are all sister ships, but there are some differences. Liberty will have the best entertainment of all the ships. The other 2 ships have switched to the very unpopular Playlist stage shows. If the nighttime shows don't matter to you, then the ships are pretty equal. I would then say to go with the best price and/or the best itinerary. But I will add that Liberty has traditionally gotten some of the best reviews around these boards. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, Liberty going to Port Canaveral is another positive for the Liberty, as that has been my favorite port to cruise from.

Edited by k2excursion

The Liberty is doing exotic western's from Port Canaveral?

Usually most of the ships that sail out of Port Canaveral, do Bahama's so I'm sorry to hear this. I love the Liberty and would love to sail on her again but I've done the Bahamas enough so I won't do that route again unless its Grand Turks, HMC and Nassau. That itinerary is usually on shorter sailings though.

Actually I just checked and it has a nice mixture of itineraries including the Western and Eastern Caribbean. I'll have to look into it more.

Edited by girlscruise2011

The Liberty is doing exotic western's from Port Canaveral?

No. That's why I said scratch Liberty unless anyone wants the western itinerary. One needs to go on her while she's in Miami for that itinerary.

To add to the Liberty coming here, Sunshine is too. Dream is leaving.

No. That's why I said scratch Liberty unless anyone wants the western itinerary. One needs to go on her while she's in Miami for that itinerary.

To add to the Liberty coming here, Sunshine is too. Dream is leaving.

Actually she has an 8 day itinerary to the Southern to Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk too in addition to 7 days to the Western Carribean and Eastern to Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas and St. Marteen.

I'm really surprised by this myself.

We're booked on Liberty for next May. We were on her this past Sept and she is my favorite ship!!! Great crew, great food options and even the tenders were well organized.

We originally booked Conquest for next May but then DD decided she wanted to see Mayan ruins AND either cave tubing or snorkeling in Belize. Since conquest did Caymans and Liberty Costa maya, changed to Liberty.

I agree that Liberty's itineraries are great. She does southern, eastern and exotic western in one month. I just wish I could do a back to back.

We're booked on Liberty for next May. We were on her this past Sept and she is my favorite ship!!! Great crew, great food options and even the tenders were well organized.

We originally booked Conquest for next May but then DD decided she wanted to see Mayan ruins AND either cave tubing or snorkeling in Belize. Since conquest did Caymans and Liberty Costa maya, changed to Liberty.

I agree that Liberty's itineraries are great. She does southern, eastern and exotic western in one month. I just wish I could do a back to back.

We loved the exotic western, although I've never been to Costa Maya but the ruins in Belize are stunning and you are able to walk up and around them!

We took a western cruise on the Dream out of Port Canaveral. I don't see why the Liberty wouldn't go there as well. :confused:

Maybe they will. Initially I read Liberty was doing only short cruises, but apparently I was mistaken. People are posting they are on more exotic and longer itineraries.

My favorite of the two I have been on is the Glory. I have admittedly never been on the Conquest. I was on the Liberty a few years ago and it was good but the Glory is the complete truth. IMO. The Liberty does have an excellent dining room and steakhouse onboard but the overall package on the Glory is better. The food is the best, from mdr to things like the cantina, fish and chips and Guy's. They have an awesome serenity area, and the movie screen on lido is always playing something worth watching. There is always something to do on each ship. That is just my opinion though. I do not know the itineraries of each ship so it might come down to booking the one that best matches where and when you want to go. Have fun, any choice you make should be a good one though.

We are booked on the Liberty out of Port Canaveral next fall. It's a western itinerary but it is Ports we like and it fit with my son's fall break from school. We booked it last month when we were on the Fascination so this will be the earliest we have ever booked and waited. It seems so far away right now.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We're doing B2B western & eastern on Liberty January 2014. We did a B2B on Liberty in 2008, but it was before the 2.0 upgrades so I'm looking forward to that.

We've also been on Freedom (January 2013 B2B) which is also a Conquest style ship. However, it didn't have the 2.0 upgrades.

The 3 ships are all sister ships, but there are some differences. Liberty will have the best entertainment of all the ships. The other 2 ships have switched to the very unpopular Playlist stage shows. If the nighttime shows don't matter to you, then the ships are pretty equal. I would then say to go with the best price and/or the best itinerary. But I will add that Liberty has traditionally gotten some of the best reviews around these boards. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, Liberty going to Port Canaveral is another positive for the Liberty, as that has been my favorite port to cruise from.

We're sailing Liberty this January and I hope they still have the "old" shows. I expected that they'd have the Playlist productions by now.

Liberty doesn't have the playlislt, they still have the full shows????? even after the 2.0 upgrades? I'm heading there in December and will be VERY happy if that is the case. HATED the new playlist shows.