Inside room for 4 people-advice please

princessa

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about a 4 person cabin. 1 king 2 uppers. Any tips on how to manage 4 people in one small cabin???

There are 9 of us going on the pride during Christmas. We have three cabins booked on the verandah deck.

A cabin for 3, one for 2, and one inside for 4.

Unfortunately it was too late to get adjoining 2 person cabins for the 4 of us as we have always done in the past. 2 adults and 2 kids. So we are stuck getting a 4 person inside which I have never done before.

The last time on the pride I had an obstructed view balcony adjoining and it was awesome. but there are none available now.

The balcony rooms available now for that sailing are just too expensive and I would rather spend my money enjoying myself on board than spending it on the room. I usually end up with a 1,000 bill minimum (for the 4 of us) not including tips (they are prepaid)at the end of my cruise and we don't drink that much:confused:. I do buy things at the shops for us and play bingo(I have never won) and whatever else makes me happy during my vacation. I wouldn't want to give that up.

I must admit that I am a bit worried about the tight space. Any advice?

Well, it would be kind of tight but nothing you can't handle. The king would be in the middle center of the room -facing door and the bunks above them attached to the wall OR we've had the bed on the right side ( with the bunk above where the bunk covers the king bed where you'd lay your head ) and that gave us more floor room. The bunks will be up during the day so maybe not much room to sit and hang out in the room but I'm sure you won't be there much anyway!

We had an inside cabin with our children (7 and 6) on the Pride. it was our first cruise and we didnt think it was tight at all. It was a bit cluttered with a bunch of "stuff". Ours looked like the picture above... King size bed for us and both uppers were pulled down for each of the kids. Worked fine. The only tight squeeze was sharing the bathroom space, but we also had multiple rooms so when we had two needing to shower, one of the kids would go next door and use the other room. We didnt have any problems. We have 4 in a room booked again next year.

I've done 4 in a room years ago with my sisters. Not a problem. Like others have said, the only issues are the "clutter" so minimize and organize, and the bathrooms. One tip is that if someone wants to shower when the bathroom is occupied, you can always use the showers in the health club/spa. Lot's of people do this anyway because the showers up there are much larger and easier to use than the tiny space capsules in the inside cabins.

Thanks for the great advice and the picture. I feel better. :)

Are kids allowed to shower in the spa? Or is that option only available to adults?

It would be great if my 2 girls and I could shower and dry our hair there. Seems like a huge time saver.

Two girls? Okay, do this: pack all the lotions and potions in plastic bins in the suitcase.1: keeps them from getting squished in transit. 2: gives you a place to keep them on the counter in your cabin.

Helps to keep all the bottles and tubes corralled! I gave my girls each one bin- they could only bring what fit in it.

This is in addition to the shoe organizer over the bathroom door. That kept things IN the bathroom organized.

You'll be fine!

Have a GREAT time!

Peg

I've done one cruise where we had four adults in one inside cabin. I brought a collapsible laundry hamper that fit under a chair to help minimize clutter. Bathroom time was the only thing that was a struggle. If everybody picks up after themselves, it really isn't horrible.

How much time do you really spend in the cabin anyway?

We have had inside cabins a few times for our family of four. I always pack a laundry bag to keep dirty clothes in. It keeps the cabin neater. I also bring an over the door organizer for the bathroom it helps give more storage space. We place the luggage under the beds to get them out of the way. It's tight, but not too bad.

Edited by dane225

Are kids allowed to shower in the spa? Or is that option only available to adults?

It would be great if my 2 girls and I could shower and dry our hair there. Seems like a huge time saver.

from: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Restrictions_on_Board.aspx

Spa Carnival and fitness center:

Guests under 12 years of age are not permitted in these facilities.

Guests between the ages of 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

While I do agree that 4 in an inside is cramp it is also manageable.

I might suggest you forgo the King bed if you can, especially since it doesn't appear that you'll get enough privacy to require it, if you catch my drift?:confused:

With that said, Pride is a Spirit class ship that has those wonderful 4Ks.

It's classified as an interior but it has a sofa and more room. It's probably run you about 62.00 if you can find one that is available and that they'll let 4 occupy.

According to the deck plans there are rooms that house 4 but weren't available to a party of four or two, but that may be due to the fact the booking engine will only show ten at a time.

When there's a situation like that, I always contact my Carnival PVP and ask her to see if the rooms I'm interested in are available.

According to the deck plans, these 4Ks 'can' house 4 people: 4124, 4125,4194 & 4195 are in between boats and may provide an limited view.

4126, 4127 ,4150 ,4151 ,4154, and 4155.

Not that you asked but since you are taking the kiddos, the Dolphin Encounter in Freeport is recommended. Unlike other dolphin encounters, they encouraged us to bring our own cameras and take photos.

No need to book it through the ship, take the $5 van to Port Lucuya and find Unexso. The encounter is $85 and the swim is $179.00 That's almost half of what the ship charges. Plus it gives you use of they're fresh water pool and changing facilities.

Edited by justlaff69

I've sailed many times in a quad. No problem for my wife and two boys 10 and 13 years old. It would be a bigger problem for four adults. Also, the quads are different on certain ships. When you have two pull downs, you will have one partly over your head on the king bed. I usually hit my head a few times per cruise :confused:. Other ships have one upper and the couch made into a bed. Much better layout.

Keep in mind, you're on a cruise, not like your in the room much, o much goes on and you're in port hopefully a lot. We get an inside for 3 of us and it is about 180 sq. ft. I leave the room at 5 or 6 AM, bring breakfast back for the other two (wife and dd) around 7 and we are gone by 8 easily, port days we don't return to the room till about 6PM, sea days we might pop in once during the day. Because my daughter is only 9, I am back in the room for her bedtime at 8:30 for the evening. So room size means little. 4 ADULTS, that might be tougher.

Now, we did live for 4 years in a cabin that same sq. ft dimension that was unplumbed, so maybe it is easier for us to adapt, but 180 sq. feet is pretty spacious for temporary quarters.

Did you check if they have an Inside 4K rooms available? These are set up like the oceanview and balcony rooms with two beds, a sofa, and an upper bunk. You would be on a different deck than your traveling friends.

We had one of these on the Legend and it was great for our family of four.

Did you check if they have an Inside 4K rooms available? These are set up like the oceanview and balcony rooms with two beds, a sofa, and an upper bunk. You would be on a different deck than your traveling friends.

We had one of these on the Legend and it was great for our family of four.

Unfortunately 4K was not available when I booked. I really booked way too late for a holiday cruise.

from: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Restrictions_on_Board.aspx

Spa Carnival and fitness center:

Guests under 12 years of age are not permitted in these facilities.

Guests between the ages of 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

While I do agree that 4 in an inside is cramp it is also manageable.

I might suggest you forgo the King bed if you can, especially since it doesn't appear that you'll get enough privacy to require it, if you catch my drift?:confused:

With that said, Pride is a Spirit class ship that has those wonderful 4Ks.

It's classified as an interior but it has a sofa and more room. It's probably run you about 62.00 if you can find one that is available and that they'll let 4 occupy.

According to the deck plans there are rooms that house 4 but weren't available to a party of four or two, but that may be due to the fact the booking engine will only show ten at a time.

When there's a situation like that, I always contact my Carnival PVP and ask her to see if the rooms I'm interested in are available.

According to the deck plans, these 4Ks 'can' house 4 people: 4124, 4125,4194 & 4195 are in between boats and may provide an limited view.

4126, 4127 ,4150 ,4151 ,4154, and 4155.

Not that you asked but since you are taking the kiddos, the Dolphin Encounter in Freeport is recommended. Unlike other dolphin encounters, they encouraged us to bring our own cameras and take photos.

No need to book it through the ship, take the $5 van to Port Lucuya and find Unexso. The encounter is $85 and the swim is $179.00 That's almost half of what the ship charges. Plus it gives you use of they're fresh water pool and changing facilities.

I never thought about leaving the King as two twins. That may be the solution. Thanks for the excursion info.:)

We sailed in a quad a few years ago. We took our granddaughters who were five and six at the time. We decided to use the king bed for the girls and me while my husband slept in the pull down bed. Having the room set up like this save a lot of space. It wasn't bad at all. Since the girls were the majority we always overruled hubby and he was the one having to go to the gym to use the bath and showers.

I never thought about leaving the King as two twins. That may be the solution.

This was what I was going to suggest. We just had three of us in a Fantasy Class OV, and my husband and I separated the beds into an "L" shape, so we'd have more floor room, especially when the upper bunk came down. Not the most romantic, but then again, we had an 11 year old with us anyway! lOL!

I didn't read all responses, but an over the door shoe hanger is great. I usually put zip ties loosely in the hanger holes and hang it on the wall outside of the bathroom on the hooks where they put your "cruisin/snoozin" sign. Great for lots of things: hair spray, brushes, jewelry... Pretty much anything you'd put on the vanity/desk that would make a mess.

I use little plastic baskets on the floor of the shower too, to keep everything together.

We have done 4 on an inside before and its fine. The balcony staterooms and insides are the same size on the Pride (I believe). We opted for another inside for our next cruise as its during a holiday time and we are still planning on trying to go in August too. Insides are fine. We have no issues- and at least with our room there will no arguing over who gets the bunk bed- they both will!

We have sailed four in an inside room on more than one occasion. DH, DD, DD's friend, and I. We made use of the over the door shoe hanger, and each had a dedicated row in the shoe holder for those little things that would clutter up the room. We kept the suitcases under the bed and ALWAYS put our things away before leaving the room, which really helped to make it feel less cramped.

DH and I would get ready for dinner, DD and friend were given a time to return to the room so they could shower and dress for dinner. DH and I left the room at this time and went to lounge for a drink. DD and friend had an assigned time to meet us at the lounge.

We were on a deck that had a public restroom (just in case).

DD and friend are still friends;), and same friend has cruised with us 3 times between the ages of 14 and 16 so I don't think it was that bad:rolleyes:.

Edited by topspot

Very doable if everyone agrees to pick up after themselves. Over the door thingie is great to sort all kinds of things.

When my kids were young I had them make outfits, shorts, shirt, underwear, rolled it up and it was packed like then and then put on a shelf or in a drawer. They only needed to grab a roll and had everything they needed.