Carnival Gift Card

madre2

Has anyone had experience using gift cards onboard? I want to send for some for our adult children, but I am not sure if they can just use them in the gift shops and at the bars, or if they have to go to the Purser's Desk onboard and have the amount put on their onboard account. Any experiences with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Has anyone had experience using gift cards onboard? I want to send for some for our adult children, but I am not sure if they can just use them in the gift shops and at the bars, or if they have to go to the Purser's Desk onboard and have the amount put on their onboard account. Any experiences with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes you have to go to guest services and have them add to your on board account. And I believe you can do it from the Kiosks that are on board also.

You don't have to put the whole amount on your S&S. My boss gave me one last year and I put some on my account and some on my sons. I used the kiosk (no line). If you have any left over, you can save it for a future cruise :)

We have a gift card to use for our upcoming sailing and have never used one before. Will they apply charges to the gift card before applying charges to the CC on file used for online check in expense account?

Thanks

Yes...any cash or amount applied to S&S account via a gift card will be used first.