aqua v full suite

nodandade

hello fellow critics,

my wife and I are considering a cruise in april 2015, Sydney to Hawaii.

we have cruised 5 times before, but never on the celebrity line,can you help with info in regards to the difference between an aqua class balcony and a full suite i know the suite will be bigger etc, but by how much,and what are the perks that go with a suite over and above aqua.

for those that have sailed in both, al information will be greatly appreciated

thank you

Aqua Class is simply a regular-sized balcony stateroom that comes with some extra perks. For most the biggest perk is being assigned to Blu instead of the Main Dining Room (MDR) for dinner; Blu is open for breakfast and dinner each day and has more of a restaurant vibe than the MDR - which is like a banquet hall. Aqua Class also comes with access to the Persian Gardens (the area of the spa with heated ceramic loungers, a rain shower, sauana and scented steam room). There are some additional perks such as bottled water (complimentary) delivered daily to your stateroom, massaging jet panels on the shower in your stateroom etc. The full list of perks are listed on Celebrity's website, but be advised some are more marketing gimmicks than actually useful perks.

The size of the suite depends on the time of the suite. The smallest - and S2 Sky Suite - is only about 50% larger than a regular stateroom and is just a single room, so not really a true "suite" if using different rooms as the definition. The largest, a Penthouse Suite is over 2,000 square feet on some ships (including the balcony) and very luxurious. In between you have S1 Sky Suites (a bit larger than the S2's), Celebrity Suites and Royal Suites. The main additional perks of a suite are access to a butler (he/she brings you snacks daily to your room, can serve you dinner course-by-course etc.) and 1-2 free meals in a specialty restaurant (depends on the length of the cruise; does not apply to Century). The full perks are listed on Celebrity's website (again some are more marketing gimmicks than bona fide perks). Those in the larger suites (Penthouse and Royal) often receive additional not listed perks such as invites to the Captain's Table and top tier loyalty club benefits even if they are not of that level. Those staying in suites may also dine in Blu instead of the MDR, but only is space is available (Aqua Class guests are guaranteed space at Blu).

We have always booked a mini-suite on Princess , but Celebrity really doesn't have a cabin class that compares. We went with an upsell to an S1 on Equinox last year and loved everything about it. The extra room, great bathroom, wonderful wrap-around aft balcony, "free" specialty restaurant meals (one or 2) and the wonderful service of a butler. We loved it. We ate in Blu every night and almost every breakfast. On our cabin crawl, I thought the balcony cabin (including AQ) were too small for us. We have been in a penthouse suite on NCL and the room was great, the price was less than Celebrity, but the MDR, butler and concierge were not good.

great replies, thank you gonzo 70 terrific info.

I should have mentioned it is the celebrity solstice we will be on.

now could I get some info on what and where are the best full suite cabins on this ship,we don't like the bow, but anywhere mid to aft is fine

thank you

great replies, thank you gonzo 70 terrific info.

I should have mentioned it is the celebrity solstice we will be on.

now could I get some info on what and where are the best full suite cabins on this ship,we don't like the bow, but anywhere mid to aft is fine

thank you

All Suites are generally midship, except pin M class the penthouse is aft. Other exception is Reflection has the only Reflection Suite that is essentially 1/3 of the former full sky lounge. Also up there are the line's only "signature suites, all these are forward port side. And Reflection has "Aqua suites", not very familiar with that.

S1 Sky suites are aft corners often.