Thinking about giving the Ruby Princess

daniella1279

We looking to plan a family vacation over winter school vacation in Feb 2014. So far we have only sailed on Carnival with our sons. I don't know anything about Princess. Can anyone give me some info on what to expect?

Our sons are 15 and 7. As of right now the 15 isn't planning on going with us due to School Sports. Our 7 likes the camp carnival. Does Princess have a program like that? Can we bring our own bottle of wine on board with us?

Thanks in Advance

Danielle

Our 7 likes the camp carnival. Does Princess have a program like that? Can we bring our own bottle of wine on board with us?

Yes, you can bring one bottle for free per adult - no corkage if consumed in your stateroom.

Princess does have a kids club - not familiar with how much they do with the kids, but I'll be checking it out in 24 days and I can let you know what the kids program is like.

HTH.

We looking to plan a family vacation over winter school vacation in Feb 2014. So far we have only sailed on Carnival with our sons. I don't know anything about Princess. Can anyone give me some info on what to expect?

Our sons are 15 and 7. As of right now the 15 isn't planning on going with us due to School Sports. Our 7 likes the camp carnival. Does Princess have a program like that? Can we bring our own bottle of wine on board with us?

Thanks in Advance

Danielle

We have just come back from the Mediterranean on the Ruby. Loved it, the food was fantastic and the crew were very friendly. We did anytime dining which was good. We also bought a bottle of wine each packed in our bags and every port we stopped at, we bought another bottle to drink on our balcony. We travelled with 2 other couples and we opened up our balcony doors and had our happy our together.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am getting ready to go on my seventh Princess cruise and my third on the Ruby (once each on Golden, Star, Sapphire, Caribbean). The Ruby is our favorite ship.

There are fewer children on Princess ships. This is by design. There are times when you can try to book and they won't let you because they aren't accepting any more kids. So this makes the kid's clubs a more intimate experience.

Overall, I am a fan of the Princess kid's clubs. The 8-12 group needs to be split. There is just a huge maturity difference between 8 or 9 and 11 or 12. At age 12 my daughter essentially refused to use the kid's club. My 13-year-old son loved Club Remix. We'll see how my daughter reacts now that she is 13.

You really cannot go wrong with the Ruby.