Live from 11/20 Divina: Photos!

LauraS

I miss this ship so much..... great to see she is adapting "somewhat" to her new clientele although i must ask...since when is Fish and Chips and American dining experience? love it or hate it i thought us Brits claimed that one! lol....looking forward to joining her sister on Saturday.

Well arrived home to Canada after 18 days on the Diva....I hope Laura has a good time with all the Travel Agent PR stuff for the 3 day cruise......we left the ship yesterday but am still burned out after flying home to West Coast.....will write up a review when more time.....overall cruise was fine with some minor/major problems....depends on your point of view......Laura.....see if you can find the answer to the question....."What is the Mediterranean Way of cruising??".....and the Eataly.....what a joke.....over the 18 days....maybe if lucky saw one or two people it each day.....most of the time the whole area was empty with 5 or 6 staff just standing around.....who wants to pay extra to sit on plastic chairs???....has no "steak house" theme....

Well arrived home to Canada after 18 days on the Diva....I hope Laura has a good time with all the Travel Agent PR stuff for the 3 day cruise......we left the ship yesterday but am still burned out after flying home to West Coast.....will write up a review when more time.....overall cruise was fine with some minor/major problems....depends on your point of view......Laura.....see if you can find the answer to the question....."What is the Mediterranean Way of cruising??".....and the Eataly.....what a joke.....over the 18 days....maybe if lucky saw one or two people it each day.....most of the time the whole area was empty with 5 or 6 staff just standing around.....who wants to pay extra to sit on plastic chairs???....has no "steak house" theme....

Youre so right about the steakhouse and its plastic chairs it looks very unappealing.

• Administrators
Youre so right about the steakhouse and its plastic chairs it looks very unappealing.

While taking those pics three Fedora-wearing hipsters told us those plastic chairs cost $600 a piece! Thats all i'm saying lol

• Administrators

Check out the Rick Sasso Q&A in the forum, im pretty sure he describes it

Check out the Rick Sasso Q&A in the forum, im pretty sure he describes it

Over the 18 days....ran into the elusive top brass on the ship..when they were not hiding......ie....one of the executive chefs and posed the question to him.....he had a hard time explaining to my wife and I on the concept.....here are some of his thoughts.

pasta is made on the ship

pizza with special yeast

gelato bar

eating late and going for a coffee

cheese from Italy

cold meats from Italy

some Italian wines

Italian pastry

and then he gave up......

he also stated that the beef was better quality for the American market and thicker steaks...and you could order also cooking style...ie rare, medium etc... as in Europe market all well done...and thin cuts.....buffet offered now....fries, burgers, hot dogs....wow....as if that is a new thing....

I must cut them some slack as the repo only had about perhaps 200 from NA on ship....so really was a European repo cruise......900 German Swiss, 700 Turks, 200 from Australia and a smattering from the rest of Europe....and the UK.....and the food catered to their needs......especially the buffet......

the 200 Australians are still on the ship.....want to hear what they think....just ask one....boy have they stories.....as were on the 7 days before the repo to Istanbul, then the repo and now the 3 days......they really have a broad picture.....

more to come....

the 200 Australians are still on the ship.....want to hear what they think....just ask one....boy have they stories.....as were on the 7 days before the repo to Istanbul, then the repo and now the 3 days......they really have a broad picture.....

There was no repo to Istanbul. It was the usual itinery from Venice.

I much prefered the Med cruise. They changed a lot of things before you embarked on November 2nd.

Example: you have all seen the 'Hollywood' type pictures on the walls of the buffet? Those pictures were added just before you embarked. They cover beautiful paintings of native people (like the ones behing the counters but much bigger).

On the Med cruise a bottle of water was 2.50 Euros. On the TA is was 4.75 US dollars. :eek: An employee told me that the difference was the exchange rate. I thought that she was joking but she was very serious :rolleyes: Thank God I had free vouchers for both cruises.

They also changed all the entertainment around the ship (lounges).

They were also less pushy on the Med cruise. I was so tired of being asked 'something from the bar?'. Once I had a cup of tea in my hand and they still asked me that question... :rolleyes:

Edited by MM42

.....and the Eataly.....what a joke.....over the 18 days....maybe if lucky saw one or two people it each day.....most of the time the whole area was empty with 5 or 6 staff just standing around.....who wants to pay extra to sit on plastic chairs???....has no "steak house" theme....

Eataly is Italian ;) Italy.. Eataly... :D

The chairs are by architect Philippe Starck ,are not plastic but actually quite beautiful. (Check his official website)As A decorator I have included them in clients dining rooms. Counting the days to our Christmas cruise on this beautiful ship