We are in suite, our kids are not....debarkation?

NoName

I have seen numerous thread from people hoping that their non-suite inhabiting friends or family members can somehow participate in the "suite-life". However, I haven't seen a thread on this topic regarding debarkation

Background: My husband, our 20 yr old son and I are sharing a suite and my oldest son, our daughter-in law and our 3 year old grandson are in a non-suite. The 6 of us are driving to the ship together. We don't care about suite check in....plan on just standing in line with our family together.

However, we have a 6.5 hr drive home and I want us all to get off the ship as soon as possible. We are traveling very luggage light, the 6 of us will only have 3 suitcases....so, if we check all three bags, and the kids won't have any luggage, will they be able to get off shortly behind us? I don't want to have to sit forever in the parking lot waiting when we have such a drive ahead of us.

Anyone have any experience with this? Don't those who don't need help with luggage get to leave first?

[quote name='NoName']I have seen numerous thread from people hoping that their non-suite inhabiting friends or family members can somehow participate in the "suite-life". However, I haven't seen a thread on this topic regarding debarkation

Background: My husband, our 20 yr old son and I are sharing a suite and my oldest son, our daughter-in law and our 3 year old grandson are in a non-suite. The 6 of us are driving to the ship together. We don't care about suite check in....plan on just standing in line with our family together.

However, we have a 6.5 hr drive home and I want us all to get off the ship as soon as possible. We are traveling very luggage light, the 6 of us will only have 3 suitcases....so, if we check all three bags, and the kids won't have any luggage, will they be able to get off shortly behind us? I don't want to have to sit forever in the parking lot waiting when we have such a drive ahead of us.

Anyone have any experience with this? Don't those who don't need help with luggage get to leave first?[/QUOTE]

Yes...those who carry off their luggage get to leave first...but with 2000+ people onboard, the line to be "first" can be quite long.

Despite the possible line, I sincerely doubt that you would have to wait "forever". Besides, they are family and if you can't give some time for family...

Don't forget...if the wait is a real issue, you can simply just disembark with them...then nobody has to wait.

[quote name='dlynn0366']To my knowledge the suite check in is for suite only passengers.[/QUOTE]

Technically true. But NCL has allowed non-suite friends to wait with us in the VIP area several times and in several ports. I have to admit, in some ports I wouldn't do so.

In NOLA and Barcelona, for example, the VIP lounges are tiny. I wouldn't even ask at those ports out of consideration for other suite passengers (eg people who have paid for that perk) Edited by Cubechick

It is fairly easy, just ensure that the colour tags match the time you want. Although you get VIP, the concierge tells you to let them know when you are ready and waits as a predetermined area to take you out the quick way. Select your time and make sure they get tags for that time so the luggage is there

Then take your family with you to wherever you are going to wait to get off and take them to the concierge with you

We introduced our children to the concierge, the adults were all in suites and the kids were not. SO they met the concierge during the cruise and said we will take them off with us - the concierge has no issue with it.

Spare colour tags are available at guest relations on the day they put them out so go grab some or ask the concierge for extra VIP ones to put on the kids cases