Imagination - Guaranteed Cabin Question

cjdixon4

Can someone who has experienced booking a Guaranteed Cabin tell me how soon a room is assigned prior to departure? My cruise on the Imagination is paid in full and set for January 26, 2014 out of Long Beach CA. It would be nice to see exactly where on the deck my group's cabins are located on the deck plans BEFORE we sail.

Can someone who has experienced booking a Guaranteed Cabin tell me how soon a room is assigned prior to departure? My cruise on the Imagination is paid in full and set for January 26, 2014 out of Long Beach CA. It would be nice to see exactly where on the deck my group's cabins are located on the deck plans BEFORE we sail.

Some don't know until they reach the pier. It seems to vary a lot.

We were on the Imagination last month. (Love that ship!) My son booked a guarenteed cabin and found out a few weeks before departure where his cabin was. My daughter, who booked the same type cabin but not guaranteed, was in a less desirable part of the ship.

Good luck.

Great info everybody. Here's another concern...

Is it true that our group of 6 (3 cabins) will be assigned as close together as possible with a Guaranteed room? Or will we need to make that request known in advance?

Request cabins together with a guarantee? I don't think so:rolleyes: All you are guaranteed is a cabin. That's why they are cheaper.

You never know what you're going to get or when you will get it, but I believe that sometimes they do actually look at where they are putting you.

I booked 5 cabins for a group of 12 friends who are cruising together on the Sensation (leaving today). The five cabins were all linked together for dining purposes.

Four of the cabins were booked on the Empress deck...two balconies next door to each other, and two insides directly across the hall from them.

The 5th cabin was booked as an OV guarantee. The passenger in that cabin knew she would probably end up in a different part of the ship from the rest of her group, but she was paying double to travel as a single and she wanted to keep the cost down as much as possible.

The passenger in the GTY cabin ended up being placed on the Empress deck in the closest possible cabin to where the rest of her group is staying.

I truly don't believe this was just coincidence.

My PVP has told me that linked guaranteed cabins will try to be accommodated and put near each other if possible, but it is a courtesy and not a sure thing obviously. If you must have cabins near each other, pay to select them.

You never know what you're going to get or when you will get it, but I believe that sometimes they do actually look at where they are putting you.

I booked 5 cabins for a group of 12 friends who are cruising together on the Sensation (leaving today). The five cabins were all linked together for dining purposes.

Four of the cabins were booked on the Empress deck...two balconies next door to each other, and two insides directly across the hall from them.

The 5th cabin was booked as an OV guarantee. The passenger in that cabin knew she would probably end up in a different part of the ship from the rest of her group, but she was paying double to travel as a single and she wanted to keep the cost down as much as possible.

The passenger in the GTY cabin ended up being placed on the Empress deck in the closest possible cabin to where the rest of her group is staying.

I truly don't believe this was just coincidence.

While I'm not holding on to any unreasonable expectations, there's a part of me that hopes that MAYBE someone at Carnival will make an effort to put us as close together as possible. Looks as though you had a positive outcome. We'll still enjoy our sailing, regardless of the decision....I'm truly looking forward to it!

While I'm not holding on to any unreasonable expectations, there's a part of me that hopes that MAYBE someone at Carnival will make an effort to put us as close together as possible. Looks as though you had a positive outcome. We'll still enjoy our sailing, regardless of the decision....I'm truly looking forward to it!

Contact CCL and make the request.

I rec'ed my assignment about 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks out one time for the Imagination. But I have heard many had to wait until the last minute. It truly does seem to vary. I hope you have as good of an experience with it as I did. I rec'd a great location that I was very happy with. Granted, it helped that I was cruising during Hurricane season, and right before/as Sandy made landfall lol...