Non-alcoholic drink packages

jan-n-john

DW and I aren't big drinkers so we'll probably skip the alcoholic drink packages, but are looking at the non-alcoholic packages. In comparing the Classic and Premium non-alcoholic drink packages from the X website, it seems the Premium package includes everything in the Classic package plus, among other things, "specialty non-alcoholic coffees" and "frozen non-alcoholic drinks" (Note that both packages offer "premium coffee and tea," but the Premium package is apparently an additional step-up for coffee).

Help me out here. What exactly is "specialty non-alcoholic coffee" anyway, and is it way better than "premium coffee"? Also, what sort of frozen non-alcoholic drinks are available, and are they served in all the bars, just some, or none? In general, is the step-up to the Premium package worthwhile or not?

Edited by jan-n-john

I've been looking at the premium non-alcohol package as my husband doesn't drink either. It includes things like Red Bull, Pelligrino, Vitamin Water etc.

I only took one Celebrity cruise, several years ago, so I don't know enough to respond about the various coffees. My husband can easily drink enough Pelligrino to make the upgrade worthwhile.

This is an often asked question because it is so vague. The classic package includes all the sort of drinks you would get at Starbucks - espresso, cappuccino, latte, mocha, and macchiato (either proper or the Starbucks version w/ syrups). It also includes "premium" tea (called such because it is Tea Forte and not the Lipton or whatever is in the buffet).

If you were to look at Cafe Al Bacio menus, linked below, what you don't get with the classic package are the "More Favorites" and "Other Favorites" with the exception of hot chocolate. I cannot speak for iced tea, I did not try any.

http://www.thepreismans.com/med_silhouette_menus.htm

We had the premium non-alcoholic on the Silhouette. We did not regret getting it. In addition to the free soda, it includes free water which was nice when we were leaving at ports. In the evenings we would get virgin pina coladas, virgin daiquiris etc. We had coffee everyday in Café Al Bacio and they were included in our package. It was nice to not have to try to keep track of every order to ensure the charges were correct on our on board account. We are planning to get it again for our next cruise on the Reflection.