Lirica suites

Antonintassie

Hi All

Whats the difference between a S2 and a S3 suite on the Lirica other than location.

None. If you look at the previous deck plan, all balcony suites were the same category (11).

Can anyone recomend a suite for Arabian Gulf Cruise and if we are a party of three should we book two suites ?

The deck plan shows all balcony suites on the Lirica having a sofa bed. It should be pointed out that MSC's meaning of 'suite' is a larger cabin with a bathtub instead of a shower - there is no separate living room. Make your choice of one or two 'suites' based on this.

Mid ships is always good - handy for everything and less movement - and these are shown as the cheaper of the two. A few doors away from a central lift is often considered ideal in balancing noise and convenience. However on the Lirica, the mid-ships suites are directly beneath the pool deck and buffet so there may be some noise through the night as they move the sunbeds and chairs and clean. It may be worth paying for an S3 suite on deck 12 if you are sensitive sleepers.

I prefer the forward deck 12 suites as they are very handy for the spa and upper pool deck but are very quiet. The deck 10 ones are mostly directly under the pool and I always avoid that location as it. An be noisy early in the morning when crew are putting sun beds out.

The deck 12 ones do get a lot of movement of the seas are very rough but I doubt that will be an issue in the Arabian Gulf

Edited by AmoMondo

Hi ArnoMondo

I noticed you have sailed with Costa in the Arabian Gulf subjectively which would you choose MSC or Costa on this run

Kind Regaeds

Tony

I prefer MSC to Costa. First time I sailed the gulf, it was a last minute decision to get away for new Year, Costa had availability in an inside samsara cabin and MSC had no availability. Last time, I wasn't intending cruising at all but doing a 2 centre holiday split between Dubai and Muscat. Hotels at the time of year are not cheap in either place and then I saw a deal on the Stlantica. I've always heard great things about this ship and as a week onboard with all meals and entertainment was going to cost less than 3 nights in a Dubai hotel room only, I went for the cruise again and added on 3 day post cruise stay.

I love Dubai! Muscat and Abu Dhabi is nice too the rest of the ports are for me a non event. Just a stay onboard day and enjoy the sun.