Any reason Silhouette would use Pan American Pier?

virginialucy

Someone on my roll call mentioned that the Silhouette would be using the Pan American Pier for our stop in San Juan on March 4th. Both Cruise Timetables and Cruise TT say that the only other ship in port with us is HAL's Westerdam. I've looked at pictures of the port and it looks like it can accommodate at least 2 ships. Has anyone else heard this or know of any reason why this would happen? If this is true I may need to figure out a new plan for that day.

The port at Old San Juan can definitely hold two ships... we were there in January on the Silhouette and there was a Royal Caribbean ship with us as well.

Hopefully they are mistaken because it would be a lot more convenient to be within walking distance of OSJ.

Edited by trabeler

We are also cruising Mar 02 on Silhouette. This subject has been discussed on the Roll call of Celebrity Connection March 02. I learned the Pan American Pier is only 3 miles from OSJ (10 minutes taxi ride). DH and I are relieved that Old San Juan will still be close enough to enjoy an afternoon there.......if that is where the ship has to dock.