Pre-book or not…dinning

Sparkygirl

Monday is our 55 days out when we can pre-book reservations for specialty dining. We are planning on doing two specialty restaurants this cruise - Teppanyaki and Moderno. How does pre-booking work? Can I only book for the individuals in my cabin or if we are a group of 7 in two cabins can I make a dinning reservation for all 7 of us?

You can call 800-327-7030 to pre-book specialty restaurants for up to eight people. I think you have to wait until 45 days out.

It would probably be good to reserve Teppanyaki ahead of time since seating is limited. I doubt you would have any problem getting Moderno after boarding.

Thats what has been explained to me as well. Pre book by phone for large groups and teppenyaki.

I did it on NCL website and you have to pay full adult price even for kids but have read that they will credit the kid rate on the ship when you dine. The $ goes back onto the onboard account.

Otherwise told that the other resturants rarely cant be had but with 7 it cant hurt

Monday is our 55 days out when we can pre-book reservations for specialty dining. We are planning on doing two specialty restaurants this cruise - Teppanyaki and Moderno. How does pre-booking work? Can I only book for the individuals in my cabin or if we are a group of 7 in two cabins can I make a dinning reservation for all 7 of us?

Since you seem to know that you can book 55 days in advance, you must be cruising in a suite - in that case for the first 10 days you can only make reservations by phone through the pre-cruise concierge desk, after that you can make the reservations through MyNCL like other passengers. AFAIK you can do reservations for more persons than in your cabin, you just need to pay for the reservations in advance. If you want to pay while onboard, wait until you're onboard to make the reservations - the concierge can make any reservation needed, especially if you ask on embarkation day.

It would probably be good to reserve Teppanyaki ahead of time since seating is limited. I doubt you would have any problem getting Moderno after boarding.

Only a fraction of tables can be booked in advance. If one makes the bookings on embarkation day, there should be no problems - even with Teppanyaki.