My Crazy Ways! Can I do This?

RCmommy

Hi Everyone, I have a cruise booked for next October with Carnival. I have changed to that cruise from one I had booked orginially.

I am pretty sure my TA already thinks I am crazy. She may be right. As mentioned in another thread, we have been thinking about changing to another itinerary.

Can I call Carnival and do this myself while still giving my TA the credit for it? It is transferring a reservation, not cancelling...so am I able?

I know must of you will say it is the TAs job but I would like to do it myself if at all possible.......(there is always the possibility she will have to do it again down the road) haha

Hi Everyone, I have a cruise booked for next October with Carnival. I have changed to that cruise from one I had booked orginially.

I am pretty sure my TA already thinks I am crazy. She may be right. As mentioned in another thread, we have been thinking about changing to another itinerary.

Can I call Carnival and do this myself while still giving my TA the credit for it? It is transferring a reservation, not cancelling...so am I able?

I know must of you will say it is the TAs job but I would like to do it myself if at all possible.......(there is always the possibility she will have to do it again down the road) haha

Your TA "owns" your reservation, so Carnival cannot do anything for you. Any changes or questions of any kind will have to go through your TA.

Why you used a TA is beyond me. Pain in the bootay.

I don't understand it but some people are very attached to their TA and swear that they save hundreds and hundreds of dollars using a TA.

Here is how I see it: If you aren't comfortable using the internet and a computer ( and there are people out there that arent - mostly elderly people, and I'm not judging them) then a TA might be a good way to go. But your average computer user these days can doa better job for what THEY want instead of having to go through a TA.

I used a TA for our first cruise because it was my family's first and I needed her guidance. She is a great lady and I realize she is likely not getting any great deal for us versus what I could find online. I am just hesitant to change our cruise again because I feel guilty for doing so.

... Now I will have to provide her with proof of my insanity.

You're funny!!!

Don't worry, if your TA gets tired of your changes - she'll just block your calls!!!!

Just kidding!! Have a GREAT cruise, wherever and whenever you go!!!

Peg

If you booked with a TA than they must do it.

Man, that stinks. Now I will have to provide her with proof of my insanity.

That's what TA's are there for. ;)

Seriously though, save yourself all the hassle and in the future book directly with the cruise line. It's just so much more simple to do it directly.

Edited by cjknox