LeCirque worth difference from Pinnacle Grill

TNhome

Having read your review of your Celebrity ship experience, you seem flush with praise for HAL ships in comparison. Or will there be another shoe to drop? Hopefully, not a Michael Jordan Air on the Promenade deck.

No, no.

I have a pair of Mizuno (very soft, no noise at all :)) bought specifically for the Niew Amsterdam and first time successfully tested on the Allure of the Seas.

As for HAL ships in comparison...

This information is only for you, keep it secret: HAL Signature Class ships deliver the best product at sea after Her Majesty the Queen Mary 2.

It's not my fantasy. This is what they really are.

Don't tell anyone. I don't want the prices to go up :(

No, no.

I have a pair of Mizuno (very soft, no noise at all :)) bought specifically for the Niew Amsterdam and first time successfully tested on the Allure of the Seas.

This information is only for you, keep it secret: HAL Signature Class ships deliver the best product at sea after Her Majesty the Queen Mary 2.

Your secret is not safe with me because this is what I have been saying now for years - HAL overall is excellent value cruising. :cool: And you do need to try the PG Burger. For lunch.

Edited by OlsSalt

My husband and I tried Le Cirque on our last cruise on the Volendam. We both enjoyed it. My soup wasn't cold. We both had the chateaubriand. Very good, except that I didn't care for the sauce (it was on the side, so ok). My husband loved the sauce and almost ate all his meat (unusual for him). The portions were just right.

We don't care for the PG. The portions are too large and the service has always seemed too "fussy" to us,and we enjoy fine dining. I have had cool food in the PG. We have already booked another LC dinner on each of our next 2 cruises.

But, as others have mentioned, tastes are different.

No, no.

I am not a cruise line loyalist. I have sailed on 6 different cruise lines and have enjoyed every one of them. I like new experiences. I am so happy to find a HAL champion. What I don't like to read is all the HAL bashing on the boards, especially from those who have never sailed on a HAL ship.

After my first Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse I wrote a comparative review of HAL, Celebrity, and Princess, the three lines that I have traveled on that cater to the same demographic, although you would never know it from the HAL bashers.

One thing I have noted IMHO is that Celebrity "Elite" cruisers are almost snobbish and like over protective parents of their cruise line. Even when presented with photographic evidencenof some of the structural flaws of the Soltice class ships they are at the ready to attack you for your documentation.

Cruising is a privileged way to vacation, that offers those of us fortunate enough to sail a myriad of choices and experiences.

I can't wait to walk on a true promenade deck next week!

I am not a cruise line loyalist. I have sailed on 6 different cruise lines and have enjoyed every one of them. I like new experiences. I am so happy to find a HAL champion. What I don't like to read is all the HAL bashing on the boards, especially from those who have never sailed on a HAL ship.

After my first Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse I wrote a comparative review of HAL, Celebrity, and Princess, the three lines that I have traveled on that cater to the same demographic, although you would never know it from the HAL bashers.

One thing I have noted IMHO is that Celebrity "Elite" cruisers are almost snobbish and like over protective parents of their cruise line. Even when presented with photographic evidencenof some of the structural flaws of the Soltice class ships they are at the ready to attack you for your documentation.

Cruising is a privileged way to vacation, that offers those of us fortunate enough to sail a myriad of choices and experiences.

I can't wait to walk on a true promenade deck next week!

Great observations and we agree. There is, indeed, too much bashing (not just of HA) by folks who have either never been on the cruise line being bashed or those who have not been on the line for many years. We also have noticed the same thing as you in that some Celebrity Elites are a bit snobbish (I like the cheerleader term) but it is the same on nearly all the mass market boards. We see it here on the HAL board and there is a lot of it on the RCI boards. For some reason it does seem like the Princess board is a bit more objective without as much cheerleading....and have never understood why.

Hank

Great observations and we agree. There is, indeed, too much bashing (not just of HA) by folks who have either never been on the cruise line being bashed or those who have not been on the line for many years. We also have noticed the same thing as you in that some Celebrity Elites are a bit snobbish (I like the cheerleader term) but it is the same on nearly all the mass market boards. We see it here on the HAL board and there is a lot of it on the RCI boards. For some reason it does seem like the Princess board is a bit more objective without as much cheerleading....and have never understood why.

Hank

Clearly you have not spent much time on the Princess boards. They most certainly have their cheerleaders over there. I had one heck of a time getting an obc for shareholders applied to my booking. Whenever I mentioned it I had the cheerleaders over there tell me they never have any problems. Sound familiar?