Christmas and New Year Cruise - 2014

Sailaway John

Well we have decided to do a Christmas and New Year Cruise on the Diamond Princess from Sydney to New Zealand and return in 2014.

Looking forward to the cruise and enjoying Christmas and New Year at sea.

What can I look forward to? If you have been on a cruise similar to this can you let me know what your experiences were?

Probably Xmas eve (or Xmas) and NYE will be formal nights.

Plenty of holiday decorations when you board. From Xmas trees to gingerbread houses.

Xmas carols in the Atrium by staff and possibly with passenger partcipation.

Santa for the kiddies on Xmas day.

Party atmosphere on NYE. On deck party. Balloon drop in atrium.

Hope this helps.

We did it last year as a family, and it was wonderful. Lots and lots of families. Nothing too chaotic, but a good example was when DH and I were in Vines, having pleasant conversation, and the kiddies from the group that were caroling around spotted their parents and came running. 15-20 minutes of this.....

Slower cabin service because staterooms were fuller. Otherwise, it was adorable to see the families together. Very heartwarming.

We were aft, so we did not experience the hallway running and door knocking that had been reported previously.

Well we have decided to do a Christmas and New Year Cruise on the Diamond Princess from Sydney to New Zealand and return in 2014.

Looking forward to the cruise and enjoying Christmas and New Year at sea.

What can I look forward to? If you have been on a cruise similar to this can you let me know what your experiences were?

Hiya John

It's Jane and Carl ... we met on the Sun Princess a few years back... our honeymoon cruise.

We are doing the Diamond this Christmas from Auckland to Sydney - I'll let you know how it is when we get back. We have been on cruises leading up to Christmas before and they really do get into the spirit of it. Decorations, carols, etc...

We did the Diamond Princess last year Alaska to Beijing - it is an absolutely beautiful ship.

Hope you are Eileen have been keeping well. From your signature looks like you have a few cruises to look forward to....

Jane

Our last three cruises have been the holidays one, but on the Hawaiian itinerary. NYE and either Christmas or Christmas eve has been formal nights. Ship decorated, lots of holiday music (you can't escape it). Everyone is in the grand atrium for the NYE balloon drop.

It was funny watching the tender with Santa returning back to Lahaina on Christmas Day.