Water on board the ship...or bring my own

maddox_mama

We are traveling in two weeks to Miami to get on the Breeze for 8 days. The last two times we cruised I HAULED water and soda on board. The soda is a given, we prefer Coke Zero and they usually don't have that.

My question to all is, do you drink the water on board or bring your own? I only drink filtered water at home. I have read that the water on the ship is filtered....can you tell?

Any help would be appreciated. I would rather not carry on water if I don't have to.

We are traveling in two weeks to Miami to get on the Breeze for 8 days. The last two times we cruised I HAULED water and soda on board. The soda is a given, we prefer Coke Zero and they usually don't have that.

My question to all is, do you drink the water on board or bring your own? I only drink filtered water at home. I have read that the water on the ship is filtered....can you tell?

Any help would be appreciated. I would rather not carry on water if I don't have to.

WAIT A MINUTE.......they have drinks other than alcohol on board ?????

Yeah, its kind of funny watching people lug water on board or buy bottles on the ship, when the water on the ship is fine, and most people drink water in the dining room with dinner that is served and also have drinks with ice cubes that are made by the same tap water that is in your cabin.. If you drink water served to you with dinner, or you have drinks with ice cubes, then the tap water in your cabin is the samething, so why bring water or buy it

Don't understand why some feel they have to bring water on board. Water on the ship is filtered, so why cary something else around with me when I board?

Now as for the ice cubes, that is what has given me a headache the morning after, not the alcohol. I just claim it was bad ice cubes. LOL

I do have to chuckle...There are wine snobs, there are beer snobs, there are Vodka snobs....great advertising and marketing has created water snobs!

There is even one bran of bottled water, that if you read the label, tells you the water is a product of the "Houston Water System".

The desalinization process makes pure water. Period...I do not lug water along, the water on the ship is great..Besides, give me more room to smuggle my "superior" wines.

I bring water on board because I like my water cold, so this way I can either put it on ice or put it in the mini fridge. In order to have cold water, I would need to bring empty water bottles, so instead I bring full ones. I do drink the water in the dining room and I drink the iced tea by the gallon which is made with the tap water, but like I said, I need my water cold. I also take a bottle or two off the ship with me usually.

We drink the water onboard the ship but we also bring a 12-pack of bottled water so that we can take bottles of water off the ship with us when we go into port

I do this as well, I only carry on enough to carry into ports with us. I think the water on the ship tastes fine.

I think the water in the ship tastes fine. I bring in our reusable water bottles to fill for on the ship and for port days. All my bottles are wide enough for an ice cube and often you will find glasses of ice or can request one on the lido. Makes cold water easy. Dump your ice in the bottle, fill the cup under the dispenser and fill your bottle with the cup for sanitation purposes.

I have filled mine from the room but the water from the dispenser always seems colder to me.

If you are worried about taste there are now numerous companies that sell bottles with filters. Could always bring one along (even leave it in the package, you might not need it and could return it.) I am particular about my water, the ships water is pretty much the most palatable I have had - it has no taste.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by AmativeDame

In the past we have brought some water bottles on board for ports, etc.....

We also bring our Brita filtering water bottles.

Too many tales of water coming out of the faucets funky, upon occasion, so we filter the tap water.

This go around, we purchased some bottled water from Carnival, so no lugging and we will use the Brita bottles also.

These Brita bottles are wide mouth for ice and ours have been all around the planet, great product for filtering questionable potable water.

Evian spelled back words is NAIVE, having said that there's no way I would walk on board without my 12 pack of zephyrhills water. I like having one next to me while I sleep at night and being able to bring one in port with me as well.

I like cold water in the middle of the night sometimes, and I am not going up to lido at that time. I do also bring a water bottle on, but I use that for iced tea during the day when I am out and about on the ship. Those tiny cups just don't do it for me!!

I had big issues with water on ship. No matter if it was ice tea ,water, lemonade, hot tea or coffee. All left a metal taste in mouth. Never order drinks with ice. Scotch person . I bring my own water onboard. Also health issues warrant distilled water while travelling or at home. To each their own.

BRING YOUR OWN it cheaper and better.