Carnival Ecstasy Review with Pics and FUN TIMES!! My LAST Carnival Cruise

firstcruiseever

Is the OP done with tjis review? Going on ecstasy on 12/30. Please finish

"Life" may have gotten in the way - you never know what someone's dealing with - sadly, it happened to me with the last review I started and I never did end up finishing it, but sometimes people in real life have to take priority over life on the boards, lol.

OP, if you're out there, hoping all is well and everything is ok - and if you want to come back and finish, some of us would love to finish reading. :)

Is the OP done with tjis review? Going on ecstasy on 12/30. Please finish

I just got off on the 12th with the Key West itinerary. Depending on your likes, the cruise can go either way. There was plenty of activities from dancing on Lido at party times, other contests poolside, the foods were great (ate buffet except elegant night). We even had a towel animal invasion on Lido one morning.

There were so many new and old platinums that disembarking went less than smoothly, didn't get picked up till after 9! Baggage and customs was like I'd never seen before. This ship is not new to me, it's my 4th time on her.

Will do with the paragraphs!

Actually we LOVE cruising!! There were just things about the Carnival ship that I think would be better on Disney :) So our next cruise in the fall will be Disney and we shall compare from there! We say better to go on one Disney versus two Carnival if we are happier with the Disney experience and from what I hear I think Disney will be more to our taste... But to each their own!

Yep. I'm with you. More of mediocrity is just mediocre. My 3 Day DC Dream blew our socks off and saved me from the idea after CCL Dream that I just didn't need to go on any cruises, line or otherwise. We have 4 Day Magic up next.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

My kids are 9, 11, and 15. We are booked with them for spring break on glory. I looked at a comparable cruise on disney. It was over 10k. Um I think my 3k carnival cruise will be fine thanks. We live in Florida so the disney brand is no big deal. Plus we prefer universal studios anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

My first cruise was on the Ecstasy last year and we had a blast. I'm going on her again in January. As far as the WCMC goes I did not like it to sweet for me.

I can't wait to read the rest of your review.

\\

I sailed on Ecstasy in November. I also had a blast. HMC was great! I look forward to sailing again on Ecstasy in the future.:cool:

As far as the WCMC goes I did not like it to sweet for me.

That's why you need TWO ice creams with it. Just too sweet otherwise. ;)

I sailed "Ecstasy" twice this year, and had a blast both times. The only thing I wasn't totally crazy about was the "Playlist Production" shows. They're O.K., but I prefer the old shows, (like the ones presented on "Paradise". :D

"SKY"

No way. That was the best part of the review. wcmc looked just like that on our last cruise. Ick, probably will never have it on Carnival again.

Something we found out a few cruises ago is that you can actually request your WCMC as to how cooked you want it! My DH is drooling over the pic of it being soupy as he prefers the brownie batter consistency. Ever since he's asked for the less cooked ones.. others have asked for more done. :)

That's why you need TWO ice creams with it. Just too sweet otherwise. ;)

I sailed "Ecstasy" twice this year, and had a blast both times. The only thing I wasn't totally crazy about was the "Playlist Production" shows. They're O.K., but I prefer the old shows, (like the ones presented on "Paradise". :D

"SKY"

Doesn't Paradise have Steve Cassel now? Or has he moved again? Ecstasy isn't the same without him.

Doesn't Paradise have Steve Cassel now? Or has he moved again? Ecstasy isn't the same without him.

RIGHT you are! Steve is CD aboard "Paradise", and does a BANG UP job, especially in the show "8 More Seconds". REALLY does a great job on the fiddle, (Devil Went Down To Georgia) and violin. I've sailed "Paradise" 4 times this year! ;)

"SKY"

I break into the top of the delicious crust and take the first bite. YUM so rich and delicious.

When I go for the second bite I get THIS:

IMG_2548-1.jpg

The ENTIRE bowl of WCMC was an uncooked mass of brownie GOO. TERRIBLE!

Hi Firstcruiseever :)

I never understood the fascination with the warm chocolate melting cake,

however my wife loves it, and always orders it well done.

In my humble opinion it tastes like something cheap & nasty that was

cooked in a children's 'Easy Bake Oven'...

:)

RIGHT you are! Steve is CD aboard "Paradise", and does a BANG UP job, especially in the show "8 More Seconds". REALLY does a great job on the fiddle, (Devil Went Down To Georgia) and violin. I've sailed "Paradise" 4 times this year! ;)

"SKY"

I know he was part of my fascination with Ecstasy. Guess I gotta check out Paradise if I can find someone to go with me.