ES and category's re price drops

fishtaco

If I book a porthole cabin there are not so many so is the category less likely to have a price drop as they sell quicker.

So to claim any price drop a window cabin or above would need to drop below the "price paid" for a porthole? Is this correct?

Or are the price drops calculated on the Initial category you choose,ie Choose ES interior base price and if the base price drops you get the drop even though you pay a bit extra for the porthole?

I had this confusion last time I booked ES, I had an Aft extended balcony which are limited in numbers and cost more than a regular balcony, given the next category up was corner Afts and very limited it sort of made ES not worth while because all these balconies sold out first.

I think what I am trying to establish here is:

If a window cabin on Riviera became cheaper than a porthole cabin on Empress and I put a price claim in,could Carnival just move me to a window on Riviera instead of OBC or price reduction and then re sell the porthole on Empress:confused:

you can only price match to same category you book.

If the category you are booked in and it sells out all you do is upgrade if the better categories drop below yours.

There have been people that have gotten CCL reps that did give them the price drops when the higher categories went lower than the category they had booked but that usually doesn't happen.

Bill

OK I booked a 4J on The Dream for June:)

There were only 2 4J cabins left to choose from and I booked ES direct with carnival.

This more than likely means I will not get a price drop on the 4J? am I correct?

Because the 4J,s are classed as inside cabins should I put in a price drop claim if window cabins fall below what I paid for the 4J?