best rum to buy..

cruiseycrazy

I really like rum :-)

Rhum JM is a good one; a little different than many because of the way it is processed. Zaya has a good aged dark rum, Mount Gay, Flor de cana 12 year, and Ron Zacapa are also good rums. When I am abroad I'll drink Havana Siete. It's unfortunately illegal to bring it back to the US so that is out unless you are brave and lucky. But it is worth a taste while away. I know Bacardi isn't the best, but I do like their anejo and the Bacardi 8. The anejo is a blend and has a nice flavor to it; the 8 is aged 8 years and is a bit darker.

Lots of people have mentioned Cruzan- their black cherry used in a cherry mojito is really good. Muddle some cherries with sugar (and mint if you like), add the Cruzan and seltzer or ginger ale depending on how sweet you like your drinks, and go! It is a great summer drink. Or spring. Or winter... maybe I'll make one right now!

Mt. Gay Extra Old

Appleton Extra 12yr. old

Any Havana Club aged rum. Your government has issues with this one, so be discreet if you bring any home......so worth the risk though ;)

I will be looking for these, especially the Havana Club, as well as El Dorado 12 or 15 while on the Liberty next month.

My favorite is Mount Gay from Barbados.

Love, love this Rum.

Used to have a guy that worked for me, that was from Barbados.. Was happy every time he asked me for time off as I knew there was a bottle of Mt Gay coming my way upon his return. Only type he ever drank and brought back with him... Just opened the last bottle on Sunday. Drank some and made some out of this world bananas foster with it.. Yum