Help refresh my memory Jan'05 cruise

russianmom

My extended family and I cruised on the Golden Princess out of San Juan in January 2005. I've been searching and searching for my photos but after a move am not having much luck. My travel mates have a worse memory than me! :eek:

Can someone help me recall the ports?

I'm pretty sure it was St Lucia, St Thomas, Barbados, St Maarten and???

We had a wonderful time and are looking at Princess again for a northern TA in 2015. :)

Thanks!

We sailed the Golden in Februrary 2005 out of San Juan.

The Southern Caribbean Explorer route and our ports were St Thomas, St Kitts, Grenada, Aruba and Isla Margarita.

Isla Margarita was substituted for Caracas beginning with the cruise before ours.

We would love to return to Isla Margarita!

Mike:)

WOW! Maybe my memory is worse than I thought!!!!

I have a t-shirt from Barbados so I know we were there and my husband has a t-shirt from the aerial tram in St Thomas.

I've only been to Aruba on land vacations and have never heard of Isla Margarita. Now I'm more confused than ever... :confused:

Guess I'll have to look harder for my old photo album!

We sailed the Golden in Februrary 2005 out of San Juan.

The Southern Caribbean Explorer route and our ports were St Thomas, St Kitts, Grenada, Aruba and Isla Margarita.

Isla Margarita was substituted for Caracas beginning with the cruise before ours.

We would love to return to Isla Margarita!

Hi Russianmom.....My wife and I took a Southern Carib. out of San Juan somewhere around 1/11/04 and the ports above were the ones we had visited. I recall Isla Margarita had just been added because of some political/social unrest. I'm certain that was Jan. '04 as I was recovering from knee surgery that almost KO'd the trip. Perhaps by '05 your itinerary was different? Good luck with those photos.

Jim

Hi Russianmom.....My wife and I took a Southern Carib. out of San Juan somewhere around 1/11/04 and the ports above were the ones we had visited. I recall Isla Margarita had just been added because of some political/social unrest. I'm certain that was Jan. '04 as I was recovering from knee surgery that almost KO'd the trip. Perhaps by '05 your itinerary was different? Good luck with those photos.

Jim

Just looked in my cruise history on Princess and it was February 2005 when Caracas was dropped and Isla Margarita added. Princess hasn't been back to Caracas since to my knowledge

Ok I think I have the answer after much searching! Not sure why I got a bee in my bonnet about this.

Looks like the itineraries alternated based on the week....

Golden Princess - Based in San Juan, Golden Princess offers alternating seven-day Southern Caribbean itineraries, departing on Saturdays. The Classic Southern Caribbean itinerary includes calls at Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. The alternate Southern Caribbean Explorer itinerary features the ports of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Caracas and Aruba.

Thanks everyone! Happy cruising! :D

Ok I think I have the answer after much searching! Not sure why I got a bee in my bonnet about this.

Looks like the itineraries alternated based on the week....

Golden Princess - Based in San Juan, Golden Princess offers alternating seven-day Southern Caribbean itineraries, departing on Saturdays. The Classic Southern Caribbean itinerary includes calls at Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. The alternate Southern Caribbean Explorer itinerary features the ports of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Caracas and Aruba.

Thanks everyone! Happy cruising! :D

You are exactly right. I remember that a B2B had different itineraries.