Question about NCL Crown dining..

My hubby and I were talking about food and cruises. We remembered that on Celebrity's Zenith, they served Lobster on the last night of the cruise (it was the second of two formal nights). They offered Surf and Turf as well.

Does the Crown also serve lobster on the cruise?? We are going to Bermuda on the Crown on August 28, 2005!!!

Just wondering if anyone can answer this ??

Bonni

I'm also wondering if the Bistro is half price the first night or two of the cruise on the Crown.

Any comments on the alternative restaurants on the Crown?

How about the dine ashore program in Bermuda?

My hubby and I were talking about food and cruises. We remembered that on Celebrity's Zenith, they served Lobster on the last night of the cruise (it was the second of two formal nights). They offered Surf and Turf as well.

Does the Crown also serve lobster on the cruise?? We are going to Bermuda on the Crown on August 28, 2005!!!

Just wondering if anyone can answer this ??

Bonni

Yes, they served lobster on "formal night." I'm allergic to Florida lobster, yet can eat Maine and South African lobster tail. I didn't order it because I was worried it would be Florida lobster. It wasn't, and I missed out! All the reason to book another cruise! :)

I'm also wondering if the Bistro is half price the first night or two of the cruise on the Crown.

Any comments on the alternative restaurants on the Crown?

How about the dine ashore program in Bermuda?

I heard Chopsticks was kind of a waste. The ambiance stinks because it is literally partitioned off from the buffet. Don't know anything about the other two.

We didn't do dining ashore. We loved the food on board. What a lot of people don't realize is that it's not free. You PAY for a voucher, and if you don't use it, you get a refund. If you do use it, it's tacked on to your bill. But, given the price of food in Bermuda, it's still a bargain.

We did the Crown last August and ate at the Asian resturant. It was ok, it was no extra charge so it was a good way to try different food. They called it Asian Fusion and they had a mix of Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese. None of the food was Americanized in anyway so it was different, but we enjoyed it, it is at the end of the buffet, but it did not suck, it was pretty quiet over there. We did not try the other two specialty resturants, but will be doing the Le Bistro on the Majesty this fall, I booked the Honeymoon/Anniversary Pkg and Dinner with wine at LeBistro is included.

Sharon

We were on 22 May to Bermuda. Lobster was on Captain's night. They served only the tail, but you could have more than one if you asked.

We saw no evidence of Le Bistro being 1/2 price on any night. It was the only "charge" dining venue. The others were included in your fare. We were so satisfied with the main dining room we skipped the others. Chopsticks was indeed at the back of the buffet. The ship is small, so they had to be creative where they stuck the alternate dining venues.

The Dine Ashore voucher program worked like this -- everyone is given a voucher for Lunch. It's worth $25.00 ashore at designated restuarants. If you use it, the charge your on-board account $5.00. If you are not going to use it, you have to turn them in OR THEY WILL CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!! I guess they hope people forget to turn them in and won't complain about $5.00 on their accounts. We used the vouchers an thought it very good value for the nice pub lunch we had in Hamilton. They presented us with a special menu when we were seated, took our vouchers and everyone was happy. We had to pay for the iced teas and a tip.

If I may add my 2 cents....I was on the May 29th sailing and made reservations the first day for the Pasta Cafe through the Conceriege -- we were in a mini suite.

You choose the night you want to go by the main course. Book as soon as possible since seating is limited. Be sure to look at the menus for all the speciality restaurants before you make a reservation to see if you like what they are serving.

The food in the Pasta Cafe is good. I especially wanted to try the tirmisau for dessert. Again, the area is just off the disco and is small in size. You can hear the live music from the disco. You can watch the food being prepared. You also can see the runners jogging around the track.

No additional charge for the Pasta Cafe.

MARAPRINCE

If I may add my 2 cents....I was on the May 29th sailing and made reservations the first day for the Pasta Cafe through the Conceriege -- we were in a mini suite.

You choose the night you want to go by the main course. Book as soon as possible since seating is limited. Be sure to look at the menus for all the speciality restaurants before you make a reservation to see if you like what they are serving.

The food in the Pasta Cafe is good. I especially wanted to try the tirmisau for dessert. Again, the area is just off the disco and is small in size. You can hear the live music from the disco. You can watch the food being prepared. You also can see the runners jogging around the track.

No additional charge for the Pasta Cafe.

MARAPRINCE

You know what's so funny? I spent a week aboard the Crown, and never even knew there was a disco nor a running track! I did know the Pasta Cafe existed, but never saw it nor cared to as the person I was with couldn't eat pasta due to a wheat gluten intolerance. How could I miss a WHOLE area of the ship???!!!

Regarding Martinis-- yes there was a martini clinic. Not my thing, so I didn't partake.

Surfgirl,

The Pasta Cafe and the disco were in the very front of the ship -- deck 11 I think. During the day, the Disco was used for other activities. As you pointed out, some of the eating venues change into a different restaurant at night. Again, the Crown is a very small ship so you can walk right something and not know it is there unless you are actually looking for it. Once we made our reservation we made sure we knew where it was so we would not have any trouble finding it!

MARAPRINCE

Archived