Anyone Recently off Navigator out of Galveston?

We are flying into Houston on Saturday and booked transportation with Super Shuttle. We have a one way SUV to a hotel in Galveton for $157. I found a 10% off coupon on retail me not. We then booked a one way return from the ship to the airport for our return. The cost for 4 people was a total of $64 less than using the cruise line and you do not need to wait for a bus!

nittany291-

Your plans appear to be the same as the ones that me, hubby, and our family will have if we do the Navigator out of Galveston in May. We want to stay at a Galveston hotel a day prior and use SuperShuttle's van for 5-6 people going to the hotel, and picking us up from the port following the cruise. Did you reserve SuperShuttle and pay in advance online or by phone?

Excuse my ignorance but what is the community bulletin board ? In case we so fly in. Thanks

Jamie

It's a bulletin board down by the Purser's Desk (or could be outside the Promenade Cafe at the head of the steps going down to Deck 4) that people put notices on for meetings, L&F, whatever.

Tucker in Texas

The DH and I are thinking about doing the responsible thing and blowing my year-end bonus on a NYE cruise :D. Strangely enough its cheaper for us to fly from Atlanta to Houston than to FLL.

The Navigator would be a new class of ship for us and a different itinerary. Anyone recently take this cruise and have some experiences to share??

Thank you!

I have not been on this ship or cruised out of Galveston, but I do live in Houston so maybe this will help a little.

You definitely would fly into Houston Hobby which is HOU this will put you on the correct side of Houston. If I were doing this I would fly in at least one day in advance and try to book a hotel in Galveston not Houston. That way you are already there and do not have to worry about going from Houston to Galveston on cruise day.

http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/HOUAirportShuttleHouston.aspx

Houston is a huge city but Galveston is not, so getting from a hotel in Galveston to the cruise ship should not be a problem, some hotels probably run a shuttle to the cruise dock.

For future info-

Houston has a brand new cruise dock called Bayport Cruise Terminal. Princess began cruising from Bayport in November 2013 and NCL will begin their cruising out of Bayport in early 2014.

Hop this helps. :)

The DH and I are thinking about doing the responsible thing and blowing my year-end bonus on a NYE cruise :D. Strangely enough its cheaper for us to fly from Atlanta to Houston than to FLL.

The Navigator would be a new class of ship for us and a different itinerary. Anyone recently take this cruise and have some experiences to share??

Thank you!

I've been on the Navigator and it's sister ship Mariner out of Galveston. Book it -You will love it!!

Hi 3Dobermans,

Had a great time on the Jewel in October (we got robbed in the Quest). Still haven't found any OSU ribbon.

I'll be on the Navigator in April 2014 and I found a good deal for transfers. La Quinta at the Houston Hobby has a stay and cruise package. For $180 you get the room and they will take you to and from the Galveston port (up to 4 people). When you figure the room itself is $100, $80 is the cheapest round trip transfer in the area.

If you are looking to blow your bonus again next year, we'll be on the Jan. 3rd 2015 sailing on Independence.

Hi 3Dobermans,

Had a great time on the Jewel in October (we got robbed in the Quest). Still haven't found any OSU ribbon.

I'll be on the Navigator in April 2014 and I found a good deal for transfers. La Quinta at the Houston Hobby has a stay and cruise package. For $180 you get the room and they will take you to and from the Galveston port (up to 4 people). When you figure the room itself is $100, $80 is the cheapest round trip transfer in the area.

If you are looking to blow your bonus again next year, we'll be on the Jan. 3rd 2015 sailing on Independence.

Rewind! You need to move your Navigator cruise and come with us!! We would completely dominate Quest this time. Thanks for the tip- I'll look into that. Sounds like the best option so far.

Our big 2014 cruise is going to be the Brilliance TA in August (hopefully!). So I'm saving up my precious vacation time!

Sure hope there are some good sales on black Friday for the Navigator. I would love to getaway Feb or March if the price is right. The way I feel today I'll probably go if the price ain't right! LOL! :D

I feel ya! I'm at the point that I don't care how much it costs just get me on a ship