Dec 11 Antarctica/Patagonia -- any info re activities on South Georgia Island?

DC Traveler244

I'm booked on this 24-day voyage, which (unlike Seabourn's other Antarctic/Patagonia voyages) will visit South Georgia Island. According to the itinerary, the Quest will be there overnight, December 29-30.

I've been checking Seabourn's website for shore excursions and, so far, there are none listed for South Georgia Island. There's a scheduled port call at Grytviken, where I'm looking forward to visiting the museum, the church, and the Shackleton grave. But those activities can't possibly consume two days. Has anyone heard what else Seabourn has planned?

South Georgia was spectacular. We had lovely sunny, quite warm weather.

The scenery was quite surreal. We had well over three hours a shore in Grytviken. We were there for the day to allow all passengers to spend time on the island. On the other two days we did one landing via the zodiak and one sea trip near the shore on a zodiak-resplendant.

I'm sure you will have an amazing holiday.

Kind regards,

Tony

Sounds wonderful, Tony! I've read so much about South Georgia Island -- the history, the animals, and the scenery all sound amazing. I have my fingers crossed that the Quest will offer zodiac landings if the weather permits (however, there's nothing on the itinerary re such landings).

• 6 months later...
South Georgia was spectacular. We had lovely sunny, quite warm weather.

The scenery was quite surreal. We had well over three hours a shore in Grytviken. We were there for the day to allow all passengers to spend time on the island. On the other two days we did one landing via the zodiak and one sea trip near the shore on a zodiak-resplendant.

Are both the shore visit to Grytviken as well as the zodiac landings on South Georgia Island included in the itinerary, or are they considered shore excursions at additional cost? (No shore excursions are listed for the Dec 2014 sailing yet for SGI.)