Roy Perez, CD

Caroldoll

Hi!

We just sailed with Roy and disembarked yesterday. We found Roy to be a very hard worker, very caring and very enthusiastic. Looking forward to sailing with him again.

Rhea

I totally agree. Sometimes we need some humor to negate some of the "entitled" naysayers onboard

• 4 weeks later...

If you want a good cruise director--check out Willie Ames. I have two Argentinian daughters-in-law and am multi-lingual...I just don't like put-on. I also don't like it when the response is..."you are preaching to the choir...this is a decision from the boss". If it is a decision from the boss, so be it, but don't to the preamble. Like someone said, different strokes.

Had him on an 18 day cruise Miami to Lima.

We dubbed him the phantom CD. Never really went out of his was like David. Or Dottie. We had 50 plus at a meet and greet and he never came over to say Hi.

Spotted him at the bar that night ... Generally that is where we noticed him at the bars.

At our shows he did not take the stage ( on the nights we went) did his announcing from the booth.

Roy was fine,

we had him as asst. CD. Not sure the daily shows need comedy and wigs just give the information in a lively manner. That's all I need.

I have only sailed twice with Roy... once as Asst. CD on Regatta (and he was the only good thing we found on THAT cruise) and then as CD on Riviera this last year. Have always found him friendly and out-going. Very entertaining and enthusiastic as well.

Having been on well over 2 dozen "upper-end" cruises (Regent, SilverSeas, Seaborne, Crystal, Oceania, etc) Roy is definitely one of my top choices for CD.

This last cruise with Roy, he had invited us to lunch with him. While at lunch, I could not believe the audacity of other passenger to pull chairs up to our table and join without being invited nor asking. Roy was most gracious... at least more then I wanted to be.