Disembarkation time in Civitavecchia

gr82cu2

Hi! We're cruising on the Reflection next year, round trip Rome. We are scheduled to port in Civitavecchia at 5 am. We are staying in Rome for a few days afterwards but our apartment won't be ready until noon. Does anyone have any idea what would be the latest time we could disembark the ship in Civi? As anxious as we will be to get to Rome we'd just as soon not be dragging suitcases until we can check in and I need to arrange a ride into Rome.

Thanks!

You can do the following:

Train approx 1hr to termini plus transfer to apartment

private car

taxi

shared ride

celebrity transfer

hire car - although I wouldn't take one into rome as parking is a nightmare

Either way work on at least 1.5 hours to get to your apartment. So you need to be off around 9.30 to 10am - they will be looking to clear the ship around 9am to 9.30 at the latest with cabins empty by 8am

Breakfast places will be open on the ship

Getting a cab at the port is hard work so be prepared to wait if that is the route you take

Last disembarkation for my october cruise (albeit in the US) was 9:50am. I'd think that would be fine for you. Just ask for the latest possible since you're not flying out.

You'll need at least 90 minutes if not more depending on your method of transport, to get into Rome so you'd likely not get there until around noon anyway.

Enjoy Rome, it's my favorite city!!!

Thank you both! I think I'll just go ahead and arrange for our ride to pick us up at 10:00. We'll likely have to kill some time somewhere, might as well enjoy the ship as long as we can and the proceed calmly to collect our bags and meet with our ride. Usually we are rushing off the ship to catch a flight. This will be a nice change of pace.

We were faced with the same timing issue and decided to take a Celebrity tour into Rome.

They had two excursions, one for Pax flying out and one for Pax staying in Rome, but we all ended up on the same bus. Tour was scheduled to finish at 2pm at Ostiense train station, but because we shared the bus it ended approx 45 minutes earlier for us to accommodate the airport passsengers. The tour was a transfer to Rome with a restroom stop on the way. Then a guided tour to St. Peters Basilica and a guided tour to the Colosseum.

It was not a cheap option, but it worked well for us as we did not have to worry about luggage and got two of the major sightsees done. The guided tours were pretty good.