Railway Trail Bike Tour

Dolphins

Hey Neighbor..

We did the tour last year and loved it..The tour we did started and ended at the old Daniels Head Eco resort. It has been re opened under the name of 9 Beaches so I'm really not sure if they still used the same property. That is the beach where we took the swim..The tour we took was run by Fantasea...

www.fantasea.bm

Hi, NY Dolphins

We are from Long Island too, but live in VA now.

My husband and I went on the bike tour and really enjoyed it. The tour was definitely worth the money. The beach we ended up in was the one the other NY'er was mentioning, like 9 beaches?? Be prepared to get wet on the boat ride there and back or should I say drenched, but it was fun. Most people had shorts and/or swimsuits on anyway. I would say the tour was more for the intermediate biker than the beginner. We both bike, so it was fine for us, but if you were a beginner, it would have been a little difficult. They have excellent bikes to use and all sizes, although I could have used one a little smaller, since I am only 5' tall. So if you are over 5', there are plenty of bikes your size.

When are you going to Bermuda?

Dor

We normally like to do things on our own but this one looks interesting

and looks more convenient to do on the tour. We are on the Majesty Aug 7

and I see this listed in the shore excursion booklet but not on sheet with the prices. Is NCL still offering it? If we book directly with tour company will we still get transfer from the ship? Any idea of cost? Thanks!

We did our bike tour last year while on the Empress of the Seas (Rcci) and the cost was $58 pp. You might want to contact Fantasea to see what they offer but I think this tour is only offered thru cruise lines.Good Luck

Have a great trip and a good time on the tour. We hope you get to see Mr Mott...the apple sauce guy...we were told that if he was home we would have been invited in for a drink..

We might do NYE in Bermuda this year..fingers crossed..

Hubby is looking interested in this but would rather we do it on our own.

How easy is it to rent bikes on our own and do this?

He also has "dreams" of us riding our bikes and finding a scenic spot

for a picnic and bottle of wine. Any ideas? Thanks!

annfi

Here is some infomation about the railway trail and bicycle rentals plus some good info about Bermuda in general.

http://www.bermuda-online.org/railway.htm

You will be docked in St Georges and the tour is of the opposite side of the island so I really don't see doing it on you own as an option.

If you just want to rent a bicyle, many of the scooter rental shops have them..Have a good trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived