New Review for Mariner - Nov 2013

cruisealert

Terrific review! Thanks for taking the time.

I read where you stayed at the Sheraton Golf Resort Hotel at the end of your cruise.

Do you happen to know if they have a store at the hotel that sells health care and hair care products - - specifically, items that are too large to carry on board an airplane?

I've already been told that the hotel is isolated and unless you take a shuttle to a shopping center that is many miles away you are out-of-luck.

We were on the same cruise and really had a great time. But boy, that sure was some rough seas on the last evening, sure made it hard to pack! Stopped by the boutique and everything was on the floor. Felt bad for the Swarovski items in the display case.

Edited by vitacura

Terrific review! Thanks for taking the time.

I read where you stayed at the Sheraton Golf Resort Hotel at the end of your cruise.

Do you happen to know if they have a store at the hotel that sells health care and hair care products - - specifically, items that are too large to carry on board an airplane?

I've already been told that the hotel is isolated and unless you take a shuttle to a shopping center that is many miles away you are out-of-luck.

I did not wander around much. It is a big complex, but they did not have any store/shop anywhere to buy incidentals. Not sure how close it would be -- but not walking distance -- really hard to beleive for a resort that can handle over 500 people at a time has nothing like that. They handle lots of conferences.

cruisealert -

Thank you for a great report. We will be traveling on the Mariner for the first time (also first time with Regent) this December. With so many excellent reviews, I am getting extremely excited!

The land tour you took pre-cruise sounds wonderful. It is an area of Italy that we have not been to and would love to visit. Could you share the name of the tour company that hosted the tour? If you would prefer to respond by e-mail, mine is jslarson"at"ix.netcom.com [replace the "at" with @].