WOW Sale Dec 2-4,2013

PH8

In previous WOW sales, Royal actively prevented one from cancelling and rebooking the same cruise to get the WOW benefits.

Correct (as usual :D ), and one of us had to be removed from the original booking to be able to make the new one.

Pretty sure that wasn't necessary.

As I said, my travel agent called the week prior to the sale and was told the WOW code could not be applied to an existing reservation, it had to be a new reservation. So, she removed one of us to make the new one.

I think it's all pretty silly: if they can give you price drops before final payment, then I believe they should allow other price reducing measures (like adding an obc) during the sale events.

As I said, my travel agent called the week prior to the sale and was told the WOW code could not be applied to an existing reservation, it had to be a new reservation. So, she removed one of us to make the new one.

I think it's all pretty silly: if they can give you price drops before final payment, then I believe they should allow other price reducing measures (like adding an obc) during the sale events.

That's what I'm getting at though....just cancel the existing one, and if the price hasn't gone up, make a new booking and get the offer. There's nothing in the terms that says you can't do it. Just says new bookings.....that's a new booking.

That's what I'm getting at though....just cancel the existing one, and if the price hasn't gone up, make a new booking and get the offer. There's nothing in the terms that says you can't do it. Just says new bookings.....that's a new booking.

The method you describe has not been possible in the past with WOW sales. There has been a look back period where a booking cancelled after the WOW announcement could not be re-booked and get the WOW benefits.

In the situation for this WOW sale, I wondered if the look back restriction had been dropped intentionally, or Royal inadvertently left the restriction out of the terms and conditions. In case it was the latter, then pcur followed the procedure that they knew would work.

We didn't exactly cancel and rebook, which I'm pretty sure is still against the current restrictions.

We removed one passenger from the original booking, keeping it open. The removed passenger made a NEW booking and got the WOW perks. Then, we canceled the original booking and put that person on the NEW / WOW booking.

As my hubby would say: a lot of monkey motion for something that should just be allowed for existing bookings before final payment.