Tell me what you like about NCL and the Haven PLEASE :)

firstcruiseever

I would love to hear about how the food is, the entertainment and specifically the Haven Suites. We are thinking about booking the Haven suites for our family of four on a 7 night, preferably out of Florida. We are foodies and we like family friendly entertainment. I love shows. Kids love kid programs and as a family we like to sit on the balcony and sip hot chocolate. So tell me... Is the food fantastic or okay... We just got off Carnival and swore off Carnival forever. We had fun on our Carnival ship, but the food was terrible and the entertainment non existent. Tell me what you like about NCL

OH NO!!!! Carnival FOOD IS TERRIBLE! We compared it to Golden Corral, only Golden Corral has better mashed potatoes!

If you feel this way you might be better off on one of the high end cruise lines. I doubt you will be happy with the food on NCL.

I've been lucky to sail in three suites with NCL. I was in a PH suite on the Dawn, an OS on the Gem and the DOS on the Breakaway (with connecting PH suite and a family member in another Haven suite). I don't have any cruises to compare NCL to, but I had truly wonderful cruises with NCL. The Haven (not available on the Dawn) was such an oasis to the crowds at the pool on the Breakaway!

As for food, I can't remember a bad meal and I've eaten at almost all the specialty restaurants as well as the buffet and the main dining rooms. The shows have been good to great....I don't know what ship you are thinking of....the only negative would be Rock of Ages on the Breakaway if you have children due to the 'mature' nature of the language and themes in that particular show.

I had three great cruises on NCL, and even though I have no other lines to compare NCL to, I highly recommend NCL. Whatever you decide...have a great cruise and enjoy!:)

Food is very subjective. I personally found the food on NCL very good. I have not yet stayed in the haven but will be next week and am very much looking forward to it. I have heard the food in the haven restaurant is excellent. Don't worry I am sure you will be pleased. Have a great time

If you're cruising out of Florida, and have your heart set on a Haven, your choice of ships is limited to the Pearl, Epic and Getaway. The Havens on the Pearl will be considerably smaller than on Epic and Getaway, and will not have a restaurant within the Haven.

Bear in mind that all NCL ships have suites, but not all ships have Havens. On the Epic and Getaway, all suites have access to the Haven. On the Pearl, only Haven suites have access. It's very important to note the category of the suite, to determine Haven access. "S" plus a letter = non-haven, "S" plus a number = Haven suite.

Regarding food, which is highly subjective - you will discover that NCL offers many more dining options than Carnival, with at least 2 main dining rooms, a buffet, a 24-hour venue, and numerous specialty restaurants. With that many options, it's safe to say you'll find foods that are to your liking.

Entertainment on NCL is excellent, and the variety of options leaves something for everyone's tastes. Epic and Getaway have more entertainment venues than the Jewel and Star class ships.

If you enjoy sipping hot chocolate on your balcony, and you've booked a suite, your butler will be happy to bring you hot chocolate, or whatever your heart desires.

I would strongly recommend researching the differences between the ships, and read reviews to help determine which one will best match your likes and dislikes. All three of these ships are vastly different from each other, so there's a lot to consider before making your choice.

;)

You'll only find gourmet food on one of the high end cruise lines but NCL probably has more choices of places to eat on their ships than Carnival has and the upcharge restaurants, which are $15PP and up are usually worth it. I didn't find much difference in the MDR food but I thought NCL had a better buffet than the Carnival ships I was on. The entertainment is better that what I saw on Carnival also.

If you're considering a suite on NCL there's no comparison. The perks are impressive. If you're looking at the Epic or the Getaway, I believe suite guests have a private restaurant as well.

I have sailed several times in Haven suites. The food is no better. But the service for the most part is better because you have a concierge and butler. But at times even the butler is too busy and they have to find a replacement.

What I love about the Haven?

Priority boarding

Breakfast in Haven restaurant or Cagneys with REAL scrambled eggs

Priority tendering to ports

Haven sundeck or Posh (Epic)

Priority disembarkation

Larger cabins

Priority spa sign up

What I don't like about the Haven?

The price ;)