Changing passenger names

tanyaewa

Hope I can get the info here. I have two rooms booked for April 28 sailing. Husband and I in one room. Mom and kids in 2nd room. I would like to change the booking to reflect my Mom and I in one room and my husband and the boys in the other room. That way I can spend some nice extra quiet time with her and also pay her way. I don't want her to think when I gift her the cruise for Christmas that I asked her along as a sitter.

Can I do this without penalty? Is there an area on the website or do I have to call?

I should have thought this through.

I booked directly on website myself and have only paid first deposit

Thanks!

Hope I can get the info here. I have two rooms booked for April 28 sailing. Husband and I in one room. Mom and kids in 2nd room. I would like to change the booking to reflect my Mom and I in one room and my husband and the boys in the other room. That way I can spend some nice extra quiet time with her and also pay her way. I don't want her to think when I gift her the cruise for Christmas that I asked her along as a sitter.

Can I do this without penalty? Is there an area on the website or do I have to call?

Thanks!

You can change it around penalty free until final payment due date unless you booked early saver. Although, I have heard rumblings that Carnival has done away with the $50 change penalties altogether(not sure about that though). You will have to call Carnival to change the names on the cabins. You can always just get extra keys after you check in and have everyone stay in the cabins they want to stay in and of course have the sail and sign cards linked to one credit card so your mom doesn't get any of the charges.

Thanks!

If you booked early saver, there will be a 50.00 name change for each name change. If you want to pay your moms way, just set her up on your account when you print your boarding passes; this is very easy to do.

If you want her in your cabin, when you board the ship, they can switch the key around or give her a key to your cabin.

Hope that helped, enjoy your cruise

If you booked early saver, there will be a 50.00 name change for each name change. If you want to pay your moms way, just set her up on your account when you print your boarding passes; this is very easy to do.

If you want her in your cabin, when you board the ship, they can switch the key around or give her a key to your cabin.

This is incorrect information. If the passengers are the same people but simply changing cabins there is no charge even if under early saver.

Wrong. No name changes are allowed on ES bookings, for any price.

If the OP's real intent is to just spend more time with her mother then it's just a matter of sleeping where she wants to and perhaps getting a room key to make her coming and going in Moms cabin easier.

Mom's cruise and S&S account can be set up to charge to daughters CC, so Mom isn't paying for anything.

But, if the husband is wanting to purchase Cheers but wife isn't, it would be better to change the cabin assignments before the cruise. Carnival has caught on to people coming to GS to change cabins after boarding to avoid both parties having to purchase the program and I have read that the names on the booking can't be changed after checkin.

I can say that 3 weeks ago I changed the name on my booking, personally.

-Carnival no longer charges a $50.00 name change fee.

-Carnival allows you to do this now EVEN with early saver.

(We are booked early saver and always book that way)

You can swap rooms once on board, get an extra key made, etc.

However, as the other poster stated, if you one the adults wants cheers and the others don't, put that adult in with the kids.

:-)

Thanks for the info everyone! We are booked past guest, not ES so hopefully it will be an easy phone call? Didn't think of the cheers program ramifications. It's more of a family trip.

Any idea which number would be best to call or can I do it online?

Samesong12. Who did you call?

Edited by tanyaewa

Thanks!

So you want the husband to think he's the babysitter.

I'd leave the booking alone.