Milkshakes on Disney??

firstcruiseever

The kids club is open all day but the opening and closing hours vary slightly. As early as 7:30 am for port days (usually 9 or 10 on sea days) open until sometime between 11 and 1 am (a little earlier for the nursery).

I don't know about the milkshakes.

If you get a soft drink from a bar you pay for it (free in the machines on deck 11 on Fantasy/Dream or in the MDR). If you get candy/popcorn/drinks for the shows, you have to pay for those.

Edited by Scrapnana

We made our own milkshakes at the soft serve ice cream bar (before they closed around 11 - 12pm.) Take some soft ice cream, add milk, and shake. Of course we brought the right containers to do this operation. We did it 4 -6 times. Wish I had time for more. Don't forget dish soap to clean your cups.

Having said that, you may be able to ask at dinner otherwise. If anywhere free, that would be the location. Of course maybe not. Ask the cost prior, to ordering in the MDR.

HTH

Smoothies cost about $4 including the automatic gratuity. As above, you can make your own milkshakes, although the ice cream station on the Fantasy was such a mess thanks to unsupervised children that we decided to just stay away from it entirely.

No, DCL is NOT like Carnival. Kid programming is open 9 am to midnight most days; some days have longer hours that that and there is no charge ever for kids 3-17. Even activities that would have a charge if done "on your own" will be free if done with the group. For instance, if the tweens "Invade the Arcade," all games are set to free play for that hour. If they do "make a t-shirt," each participant gets a free shirt to decorate. At "smoothie party," each kid gets a free smoothie.

No' date=' DCL is NOT like Carnival. Kid programming is open 9 am to midnight most days; some days have longer hours that that and there is no charge ever for kids 3-17. Even activities that would have a charge if done "on your own" will be free if done with the group. For instance, if the tweens "Invade the Arcade," all games are set to free play for that hour. If they do "make a t-shirt," each participant gets a free shirt to decorate. At "smoothie party," each kid gets a free smoothie.[/quote']

That is really neat! The one thing that bugged us, (and we LOVED Camp Carnival) was that it was close for those four hours that we really wanted to put them in camp. We don't want them gone all day, but we would like to have dinner together and teatime as well which started half hour before we had to go pick up the kids. So that kind of stunk. Thanks for the information. So do they take the kids out of the play area? That was one thing that stressed me out was that if you brought them at certain times they would leave the play area to go to the Lido Buffet area.

Many years ago, the kids were moved at meal times. NOW, meals are served in the Oceaneer's Club space. The food is brought to the kids. Note--kids are not required to eat unless you tell the CM that you plan on them having dinner there. Otherwise, food is offered to them, but if they don't want to stop playing to eat, it isn't required.

Kids in the Club and Lab are not taken elsewhere (3-12s). Kids in the Edge (11-14) and Vibe (14-17) do participate in activities out of their designated spaces.

Yes, I'm aware of the age overlap. Kids in the Edge and Vibe must be allowed to come and go as they please (no sign in and out). SO, if you have an 11 year old but do not wish him/her to be able to sign themselves in and out, they must participate in the Lab programming. If you decide that your 11 year old can have the run of the ship, he can choose between the Lab and the Edge. The overlap is built in to allow the parent to decide where the kid fits best based on maturity, desire, other children in the family, etc.

We just got off the Disney Dream ( wonderful time & review is here on these boards..) , and I can tell you that the milkshake I had on the Dream was the WORST milkshake I've ever had....it was tasteless and a waste of $5 IMO...it was on deck 11 at one of the ice cream outlets....I am a milkshake fanatic, and this was just about the only thing on the ship that tasted awful....just MHO....

Big Al