Carnival Cruise Open Water Bottle Rules

Abbycat36

I was wondering if you can take an opened water bottle on the ship in a carry on bag or checked in bag or does all liquid have to be sealed? Do they check the wine bottles to see if they are sealed as well? Will they xray all bags, carry on or checked in? Thanks.

It really depends on the port as to how thoroughly they will check your bags. On Fantasy they have always taken wine, water bottles and sodas out of the carry on bags for closer inspection.

On Fascination a few weeks ago, they didn't even open the suitcase to see what I had in there.

I have sailed out of Long Beach quite a few times and find them to be very picky. They do not allow any open bottles. In addition, they take and out and check each and every sealed water and soda bottle. In Vancouver this past September, they never even opened the suitcase that I had filled with soda. Everything does need to go through the x-ray machines.

I was wondering if you can take an opened water bottle on the ship in a carry on bag or checked in bag or does all liquid have to be sealed? Do they check the wine bottles to see if they are sealed as well? Will they xray all bags, carry on or checked in? Thanks.

If you go on the Legend out of Tampa make sure your water bottle is still sealed or is empty. Went on the Halloween cruise. Had several sealed bottles in my carry on. NO problem with the sealed bottles.

Also had a half empty bottle I was drinking while we waited. Couldn't chug the last half fast enough just before going through security, so had to throw it away. Was told I couldn't just carry it...it had to go through the machines, and there was a chance an unsealed bottle could leak, so NO open bottles :(

All our carry ons were x-rayed.

I assume our checked ones were x-rayed, too. I know they've been in the past because of an experience some of our friends had.

Hope this helps.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a strange question? Of all the things to ask on this board you ask this, hmm??? And especially for your very first post??????

:confused: she had a question to asked. What's weird about that? :rolleyes:

Everyone had a first post....:)

We have done tampa and baltimore I the last 3 months...both very stricted...if its open it is not going on the ship...they even opened our cases of pop to make sure their were no beer...and our wine bottles were inspected to make sure its label was legit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk