What to do with a 6 year old?

dperrigo

We'll be in Belize with our 6 year old son and our 15 year old son. Unfortunately most of the "fun" excursions - you must be at least 8 (tubing) and/or 10 or 12 for the ziplining! What can we do that will be fun for a 6 year old - and also our 15 year old?? The zoo looks a little boring... maybe they'll like some of the ruins since it is kind of like an Indiana Jones movie;) or, should we just do the beach. My husband and I have been there before without the kids and we just did the island/beach because we heard terrible things about the mainland and didn't want to drive an hour just to get to an excursion. Help?? Suggestions???

We are in the same boat... Have a 4 year old and 2 year old. But I found that cavetubingbz will allow them both to go tubing. I sent an email and they got back to me very quick. They have great reviews so we are going with them.

The only reason that you are not allowed to go cave tubing (because of the age) is because you are trying to book a ship sponsored tour. Most people on here go with one of the highly recommended tour companies located in Belize. (Like .bz .com or viv). They make for a wonderful cave tubing day.

We went with .bz twice now. We took our (now 5 year old) daughter first when she was 3 years old and she loved it. We took her and my grandson (both 5 this time) several months ago. :)

+1.

We've used both .bz and VIV in Belize with two 4 year olds on one trip and a 5 year old on another. Great time with both and no major concerns due to the age of the kids so long as they're willing/able to walk (less than a mile) or you're willing to carry them (and potentially your tube depending on company selected).

We have a 3 year old, and I was strongly considering doing this.

You should read this thead before deciding to do it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951139

I decided against it, at least with cavetubing-bz. I am still considering their competitor, Viv.

Edited by pokerpro5

We have a 3 year old, and I was strongly considering doing this.

You should read this thead before deciding to do it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951139

I decided against it, at least with cavetubing-bz. I am still considering their competitor, Viv.

You are welcome to go back and read my response to all of the OP's questions. You might rethink it again. ;)