Mahogany Bay question Re: Victor Bodden

overthehillcruiser

We have used Bodden from Coxen Hole before, but this time will be Mahogany Bay..Victor's e mail said please meet our driver within 2 hours of ship arrival or the driver will be assigned to another group. As we have been to Roatan several times , and do not want to bail off real early,has anyone had a problem for being late and did not get a driver ?

DW and SIL have used Victor on two occassions in the past 18 months. Both times at Mahogany Bay. Both times the driver waited for others listed on his itinerary. Fortunately everyone showed up I think.

We've used Bananrama's day pass option in the past as well. The driver was expecting 2 more couples, he showed us the van, then went back to the road by the gateway and waited about an hour before coming back and taking us to BR.

So my suggestion is to head on out and meet the driver as early as you can so you can see more or spend more time at stops. Ask him to go somewhere else for lunch besides Fosters. Used to be great but the local hawkers were mobbing the place and not taking no for an answer last time DW and SIL were there.

I've just booked with Bodden as well and got a similar message. I didn't think it was at all unreasonable. Any member of your party can go and check in with the driver. If someone is running late just have them catch up. Imagine how the driver would feel if he/she turned down paying guests and then had those who booked not show up at all.

Thanks for the reply. We have been all over Roatan , east and west...We were going to Foster's last time , but our driver changed our minds, and he was right. I checked it out as we were nearby, and it does look a little run down. We basically are just using Bodden for taxi service to Turquoise Bay, and probably will not go elsewhere, but good to have a driver in case we want to go eat at Half Moon Bay or somewhere else. Thanks again :)

DW and SIL have used Victor on two occassions in the past 18 months. Both times at Mahogany Bay. Both times the driver waited for others listed on his itinerary. Fortunately everyone showed up I think.

We've used Bananrama's day pass option in the past as well. The driver was expecting 2 more couples, he showed us the van, then went back to the road by the gateway and waited about an hour before coming back and taking us to BR.

So my suggestion is to head on out and meet the driver as early as you can so you can see more or spend more time at stops. Ask him to go somewhere else for lunch besides Fosters. Used to be great but the local hawkers were mobbing the place and not taking no for an answer last time DW and SIL were there.

Edited by overthehillcruiser

Thanks for the reply. We have been all over Roatan , east and west...We were going to Foster's last time , but our driver changed our minds, and he was right. I checked it out as we were nearby, and it does look a little run down. We basically are just using Bodden for taxi service to Turquoise Bay, and probably will not go elsewhere, but good to have a driver in case we want to go eat at Half Moon Bay or somewhere else. Thanks again :)

What is at Turquoise Bay? I am confused on how the private tours work with Bodden. Do they just drop you off and pick you up at a certain time?

Turquoise Bay is on the North side if I have my directions straight, opposite side from Mahogany and Coxen. It is somewhat less traveled. The drivers we have had always stayed with us. You can pretty much do as you like. We want to go to a less crowded place this time. It seems to be very nice,and no entrance fee. The good thing about having a driver for the day is that if we get there and don't like it we will go to plan B...

What is at Turquoise Bay? I am confused on how the private tours work with Bodden. Do they just drop you off and pick you up at a certain time?

Any recommendations for a good place to eat in Roatan. We want to experience local cuisine. We have a private tour with Victor Boden already booked. We will be visiting a local school as well so our granddaughter can give them the supplies she brought.

Turquoise Bay is on the North side if I have my directions straight, opposite side from Mahogany and Coxen. It is somewhat less traveled. The drivers we have had always stayed with us. You can pretty much do as you like. We want to go to a less crowded place this time. It seems to be very nice,and no entrance fee. The good thing about having a driver for the day is that if we get there and don't like it we will go to plan B...

Your plans sounds nice. There are 7 of us (3 families within) so the idea of being versatile sounds crowd pleasing.