ID questions (2)

momtodogs

1. I am widowed. I have my birth certificate (maiden name) and driver's license (married name.) Going on Alaska cruise in August. Should I bring my marriage certificate to show change of name?
  2. Also, my father and sister have both recently moved from Kansas to Washington. They still have Kansas drivers' licenses, but have Washington residence now. Will this be a problem?

1. The marriage license is not necessary, the birth cert. with driver's license should get you there.

2. Your father and sister should get their licenses changed. Legally, they onllly have 30 days to make that happen.

Of course, a passport removes all doubt.:)

It's a good idea for them to change their licenses of course, but I think the old ones would be ok if they shouldn't happen to have new ones. All they do with the licences is check the photo and name for ID purposes. The birth certificate establishes citizenship.

You provided your marriage certificate to prove a name change for your drivers license. You will not need it to get on your cruise. As long as your name on your drivers license and documents are the same.

Archived