FTTF--late disembarkation

auntdeedee

Can't find any threads on doing LATE disembarkation with FTTF. Anyone know what is meant by "late" and are you allowed to stay in your cabin til you leave, or do you have to be out of your cabin by 8:30 like everyone else?

Thanks,

Dee

Can't find any threads on doing LATE disembarkation with FTTF. Anyone know what is meant by "late" and are you allowed to stay in your cabin til you leave, or do you have to be out of your cabin by 8:30 like everyone else?

Thanks,

Dee

That is because FTTF has nothing to do with getting off the boat late. You can squeeze another couple of hours out of your cruise before they kicvk you off but there won't be much to do on board and you won't be able to be in your room.

I asked about this a while ago on this forum and the general consensus seemed to be that there should be no problem if you want to stay onboard a bit later on debark day if you have FTTF. Presumably it's polite to leave your room as early as possible so the stewards can turn it around for the next cruise, but seemingly you can pretty much hang out elsewhere on the ship until you're ready to go (well, to a point obviously - most people suggest 9.30-10am as the latest you can really leave).

I kind of feel like on debarkation day, if you choose not to get off the ship early, you are just part of the crowd after that. Empty your cabin and hang out on decks with the rest of the passengers. No more special treatment other than if you need to stop at guest services.

your best bet would be to go down to guest services with your luggage zone tags on the last night and ask for the latest zone tags available. Then in the morning leave your cabin by 8:30 go have a nice breakfast in the dining room, then head up to to the top decks for one last look....... thats what we usually do since we fly home the next day after cruising. :D

I'm not FTTF, but am Platinum. On Sunday morning, in Miami, I was in no hurry to leave the ship because I was spending the night in Ft Lauderdale.

I left my luggage out as usual the night before. In the morning, I gathered my remaining stuff, went up and had breakfast, and then sat out in a lounger on Deck 10, aft, reading and enjoying another cup of tea.

I left when they called the last group of numbers (at about 10 am; had an 11 am shuttle pickup scheduled).

Other times, I've had breakfast and THEN went back down to clear out the cabin, but I've decided that it is only polite to vacate the cabin as early as possible to let the hard-working stewards do their thing.

your best bet would be to go down to guest services with your luggage zone tags on the last night and ask for the latest zone tags available. Then in the morning leave your cabin by 8:30 go have a nice breakfast in the dining room, then head up to to the top decks for one last look....... thats what we usually do since we fly home the next day after cruising. :D

No need to change your luggage tags. If you put your luggage out the night before simply get off any time after your number has been called. We are typically some of the last off the ship and we have #1 tags.

Edited by SadieN

Thanks--very disappointed to hear we aren't able to stay in the cabin later... was hoping to sleep in. Oh well, guess I'll use it for the early off instead.

We've both stayed late and disembarked early, we prefer early. 2 reasons. There isn't much to do on the ship, and more importantly, with FTTF, you get off first and beat all the lines at customs, baggage, cabs, etc.

We've both stayed late and disembarked early, we prefer early. 2 reasons. There isn't much to do on the ship, and more importantly, with FTTF, you get off first and beat all the lines at customs, baggage, cabs, etc.

Agree! We also like to be out of the cabins early too so the stewards can get ready for the next passengers. We do the self-assist luggage and have gotten through customs pretty fast.

Agree! We also like to be out of the cabins early too so the stewards can get ready for the next passengers. We do the self-assist luggage and have gotten through customs pretty fast.

I would say that with early disembark, you go through the process as fast as possible. When we got to customs, there was literally zero line to go through.

Our last cruise, we docked in Miami, went through customs, rented a car, drove to FT Lauderdale, checked into our hotel and were having breakfast on the beach by 9:30am, which is before many were even off the ship.

Conversely I've had times where just getting through customs took an hour.