Leaving Saturday for Sunday cruise

fern1226

First off I want to thank everyone on these boards for the advice, tips, reviews, etc. They have been so helpful. What a difference from 12 years ago, which was our last cruise.

I do have one question (so far), where is the outlet in the room? We are taking a power strip and I was curious where it will be plugged in.

Thanks again to everyone and happy sailing:)

From Carnival website http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Electrical_Outlets.aspx

Are there electrical outlets in the staterooms?spacer.gif

There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt and a 220 volt plug. The outlet in the bathroom can only be used for electric razors.

What ship????????

Have a great cruise....

We are going on the Victory. Haven't been on a cruise since the Ecstasy in 93. I love the planning I can do thanks to these boards. When I first started reading the boards, I remember smiling at people requesting copies of the capers. I thought "I'll never be that bad". Well, in my cruise info folder I have a copy of the capers for the Victory. :rolleyes: Can't wait to leave and am tired of watching the weather channel.

While we are on the subject and I have never been on Carnival before I take my October Cruise on Valor, are the 100 and 220 outlet grouped together?Is it use one or the other, or could I take my handy dandy voltage converter with me and have use of 2 outlets?

Michael

fern1226, Hope you will have a great cruise. Maybe Emily will go away from your ports of call. I have a son leaving on another cruise line Sunday also. He is concerned about the storm. Wish we were going too.

we were on the Inspiration. We noticed that the power didn't seem as "strong" as on land. Has anyone else noticed this? My DH noticed that his razor ran slower on the ship. He thinks it runs 110v/50cycle instead of 60 cycle.

fern1226, Hope you will have a great cruise. Maybe Emily will go away from your ports of call. I have a son leaving on another cruise line Sunday also. He is concerned about the storm. Wish we were going too.

Thanks. Hope your son has fun. I'm really excited for my 11 year old. He is so pumped and I can't wait to see his reaction to the ship and the whole experience.

On the Valor there was only one outlet by the vanity, we had to get a extension cord from the purser in order for my husband to use his CPAP machine when he sleeps. They were very quick to respond to our request but if you have multiple things to plug in I would definitely bring a power strip.

Sue

Archived