Cruising New Years - New to Carnival

We will be sailing on the Freedom on 12/28/13. This will be our first Carnival cruise. We booked this cruise roughly a year and a half ago and are really looking forward to sailing with Carnival. We have had great experiences on our RCCL cruises, but wanted to try something different this time.

What are the major differences between the two lines other than rockwalls, etc.? Also, what can we expect for in the New Year's celebration.

Thanks for any and all info.

Looking forward to posting our review when we get home.

Mike

I can't comment on other lines, but we were on the Freedom last year for new years. There were alot of families. I think they said of the 3,000 passengers there were over 1000 kids.

The main bar had live music, really mellow and more of the older people were there, balloon drop at midnight. Lido was much more lively with younger people and dancing, free champagne, ball drop on the big screen.

Will be on Legend this year and can't wait!

Edited by canadian85

We have been on both RCL and CCL for New Years. Carnival INHO has the better party atmosphere. Lido deck at midnight is the place to be. We had a great time last year on the the Paradise and will also be on the Legend this New Years.

We will be aboard the Freedom over New Years for our second holiday sailing. Last New Years we were on the Carnival Valor and had the best time. Lots of free champagne flowing, lido deck hopping with live band, and NYC ball drop on big screen. Had the best time....... so much so we are doing it again!!

Carnival vs RCCL........ we have tried RCCL and went back to carnival. Kids did the rock wall once or twice & the surfing thing was closed alot. It wasn't worth the extra $$ we decided to go with RCCL. We enjoy Carnivals food in the dining room and always find one or two entrees to have. If we dislike something we can grab something out & about after.

Just 27 more days until we set sail & I can hardly wait. Only problem I have is I only have 25/26 days to get a deal on airfare TO FLORIDA.......it's crazy expensive and I definitely do not want to drive 18-20 hours from Indiana.