Are these watershoes good enough?

canadarocks

DH and I as well as our 10 yr old wear the Keen NewportH2. Our teenagers wear the Merrell Trail Glove. We take them on all our cruises now. We call them our "excursion shoes". They were recommended by Levi Baron of Bumping Tours in Dominica when we took an excursion with him. At first we were hesitant to spend the $$$ since they were more than the excursion cost but so glad we did now. They are great for hiking/climbling/walking and are also waterproof so they are great in the water as well. Well worth the investment.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/31962M/78031/Mens/Barefoot-Run-Trail-Glove-2?dimensions=0

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/women/waterfront/newport%20h2

• 2 weeks later...
I use these types of shoes for all my water activities. I am bringing them Sunday for my excursions in Dominica and St Lucia.

Hi Just back yesterday! Used the same water shoes in both Dominica and St Lucia. The Champagne snorkel in Dominica is a problem no matter what shoes you are wearing! The entrance to the water is all river rock about a distance of 20' to the water. You will be in bare feet carrying your fins which you put on at a rubber mat at the water line.

My shoes are comfortable to walk in so there wasn't any problem wearing them for the full day on all islands where water activities were scheduled.

I toured with Bumping Tours in Dominica and enjoyed it for the third time and I toured with Spencer in St Lucia again for the third or fourth time. All tours were wonderful as they had been in the past

Hope you have a good time on your cruise

Dave