do i need an esta?

ballerina girl

Were due to fly to Barbados in Feb and for the life of me, i cant remember whether we had to pay for an esta or visa for the trip! Perks of getting old i guess! Also, i understand you cannot check in onine with a Thomas Cook flight and wondered is it 3 hours before a flight that you have to be in airport for? Many thanks x

You only need an ESTA if you are visiting the USA or its territories.

If you are flying on a P&O charter, then you can't check in on line.

Details for the checkin time should be on your P&O cruise personaliser.

Brian

If your cruise includes St Thomas or any other American port, you will need an Esta.

Which is why P&O call at Tortola in the British Virgin Islands

P&O don't call at any american port on their caribbean cruises. Why would they, it would just cause a lot of hassle.

Which is why P&O call at Tortola in the British Virgin Islands

P&O don't call at any american port on their caribbean cruises. Why would they, it would just cause a lot of hassle.

Well that's okay then - only giving a bit of information. Have not studied all P&O itineraries in depth and the OP did ask the question. Does rather beg another question of what would happen in an emergency if St Thomas or San Juan were the nearest ports of call?

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

Well that's okay then - only giving a bit of information. Have not studied all P&O itineraries in depth and the OP did ask the question. Does rather beg another question of what would happen in an emergency if St Thomas or San Juan were the nearest ports of call?

Sorry, I was not intending to be critical.

I would hope that in an emergency the authorities would be flexible but who knows.

Sorry, I was not intending to be critical.

I would hope that in an emergency the authorities would be flexible but who knows.

That's okay :) I would hope they would be flexible - can you imagine queueing up with 3000+ other passengers to apply for an Esta on ship internet :(

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

We did get our ESTAs when cruising the Caribbean just in case there was an emergency of any kind....but they were issued free at that time ...I think you have to pay now (but not very much)......should we cruise the Caribbean again then we will renew them...I do like to have all eventualities covered!! :)

We did get our ESTAs when cruising the Caribbean just in case there was an emergency of any kind....but they were issued free at that time ...I think you have to pay now (but not very much)......should we cruise the Caribbean again then we will renew them...I do like to have all eventualities covered!! :)

I have just had to renew ours - $14 each.