transport from Venice airport to pier

I would suggest you consider the cruise ship transportation that almost all cruise ships offer. By using them you can put your luggage out the night before and the next time you see it will be at the airport. You will be boarding a bus with your carry-on luggage and it will take you to the airport and drop you off where you can pick up your other luggage. Be sure to have a few euro coins so you can rent one of the carts to load your luggage on from the racks in front of the airport.

For those of you arriving the day of your cruise at Marco Polo airport I would also suggest checking with your cruise line and finding out what they are charging to transport you to the ship. By using them you will have your luggage transported directly to the ship and you will be going by bus to the cruise terminal to board your ship.

The cost is usually compatiable with other forms of local transportation and may turn out to be cheaper in many cases.

Have a great next cruise.

thanks for the quick reply. Could be bedlam at the pier, do I give him a time, or just guess depending on my flight?

Whichever works best. They will be there with a sign with your name waiting for you ( if at port by the baggage area at airport when you exit customs). Private companies you hire will tell you where they will meet you.

I booked transportation with the cruise line for $24 pp airport to pier. I arrive 8/14 at 8:20 am.

Hi 1sttimecruiser,

Did you book the transportation through the cruise line or through your travel agent? My travel agent has charged me USD40 per person for transfers from pier to the airport for 8/26 cruise.

The TA would not charge you anymore than the cruise ship co. would. Having just returned from Venice (no we didn't use the cruise ship for airport transfers) $24 pp would be incredibly cheap!! $40US sounds more in line. Check with cruiseline to see what they are charging. Trust me - Venice is not cheap!! We had a very early morning flight and the only way to get to the airport was by water taxi. Cost us 90 E!!! In Barcelona we paid Celeb $23 US for transfers from the airport to ship so it is possible that the $24 US is correct from airport to ship in Venice too. Good Luck and Enjoy! This cruise is a marathon but you never see so much on any other itin!!

Are you cruising out of Venice? Then yes there is a shuttle between the ship & San Marco's up until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. They also provide a shuttle on the night you embark but only until midnight if I remember correctly.

We were just quoted £16 ($28) per person by Celebrity. We land at 11.40 and the transfer does not leave until 3.30. So its the taxi for us, 58 euros. (£40 or $70).

Hi Andy --

Where did you find out that the shuttle didn't leave until 3:30? When we booked our transfers, our TA told us that they would run pretty much all day. But I don't have much faith in him...and as we get in at 9:30, I'd hate to find a 6 hour wait.

Scott

Our TA called Celebrity and that is the information that she was given. We have been given duff info by Celebrity in the past, but I wasn't prepared to risk a 3 hour wait at the airport, so I made my own arrangements. Last year we were dropped off at the airport at 08.30 am and not able to check in untill 2pm. I hate airports.

Andy

We will also be arriving in Venice (September 11th) and finding our way to the pier to board the Grand Princess. Several weeks ago, someone posted this very helpful website which gave me all the information I need:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-terminal-marittima.htm

So, we are planning to take the airport bus for 3 Euros over to the Piazalle Roma and then either catch the free shuttle over to the ship (provided by Princess) or just hop a cab for the very short little ride. I think it sounds pretty straight forward. Hope so!

Charlene

You can simply take a land taxi from the airport to the ship. It'll probably cost less than $40. When returning you can call ahead ("radio taxi") to reserve one, (like we did once for a 5:30 AM pickup) especially if leaving very early for an early flight out, otherwise there will be the usual taxi line waiting.

A regular old land taxi to me is the easiest. No waiting around and I have my luggage right with me.

Also, unless this is something new, Princess does not provide any kind of "free" shuttle from Piazzale Roma or anyplace else. Some other cruise lines have been known to, but never, in my experience, has Princess.

Denise

Archived