ventura 402a 18 jan...changes

merseyscouse

surprised to get an obscure email today stating that they have cancelled one of our shore excursions on Dominica.

on further investigation it appears that the whole cruise programme has changed without any notification from P&O. Dominica gone...St Vincent in (boo hoo!!) and schedule of visits changed dramatically.

is this a regular occurrence at this late stage, as if we had booked independent tours we would have been....inconvenienced!!! icon_crazy.gif

surprised to get an obscure email today stating that they have cancelled one of our shore excursions on Dominica.

on further investigation it appears that the whole cruise programme has changed without any notification from P&O. Dominica gone...St Vincent in (boo hoo!!) and schedule of visits changed dramatically.

is this a regular occurrence at this late stage, as if we had booked independent tours we would have been....inconvenienced!!! icon_crazy.gif

Hello

You are lucky, I only found out through the roll call, no e mail from P & O.

Was there any explanation for the change.

All the best

Mike

I had an email on Friday at 9.40 to say that our excursion on Dominica had been cancelled. At 10.50 I had another to tell me that the itinerary had been changed. The new itinerary is on your cruise personaliser. If you look on the roll call for 17th. January I have put a note of what I was told.

Was informed of the new itinerary when I booked this cruise yesterday. The reason I was given was that the berth in Curacao was unavailable on the original date so rather than cancel that port the itinerary was swapped around and St Vincent was added to replace Dominica ! As a regular Caribbean cruiser with P & O this port swapping at the last minute is nothing new. For about three years in a row they cancelled Aruba at the last minute and last year Guadeloupe was changed for Antigua if I remember correctly. I only found out about that from this web site about 10 days prior to sailing. I actually think that this new itinerary for 17/18 January is actually better than the original, as it does not have two consecutive days at sea.