Who's booking during Dec 2-4th WOW sale?

Just curious who's all booking during this period?

I'm looking to book a 6 nite on the Indy on Jan 26th which is at 409pp right now...and with the obc, makes it even more affordable...but I'm still flip flopping about waiting to see if prices go down or just booking during this time frame to get that OBC

And if you are booking during the sale, what category cabin are you booking? Im thinking of just booking an inside, and then possibly upgrading if the oceanview or balcony cabins go down in price!

"Sail anywhere the sea can take you onboard ships designed for WOW. Come back December 2–4, 2013 and reserve a cruise (not including Quantum of the SeasSM) departing on or after January 1, 2014 to enjoy up to $200* to spend onboard plus a 50% reduced deposit. Until then, start planning your adventure by using our Find a Cruise widget on the right, and set an email reminder so you don't miss the savings. "

for 6-9 nites its 100obc...even if you get an inside it looks like...

the reduced deposit is whatever for me because if I go in jan im past the final payment date anyhow, but 100obc is pretty good!

Is the wow sale the same as booking while onboard? Is it the same perks? Because nothing looks different.

The WOW sale is similar to booking on board, with some significant differences:

If you change the ship or sale date, you lose the OBC.

You cannot combine a C&A savings certificate or balcony discount with the WOW sale OBC.

The OBC schedule for the WOW sale is also different than booking on board. For short cruises, the WOW OBC is double the OBC from booking on board.

I was planning to book today...until I logged in this morning & saw the price on my cruise had gone up $223...over $1400 for a 6nt cruise in an outside cabin?

Being a Solo cruiser sucks enough...but this is just crazy!:(:mad:

I was planning to book today...until I logged in this morning & saw the price on my cruise had gone up $223...over $1400 for a 6nt cruise in an outside cabin?

Being a Solo cruiser sucks enough...but this is just crazy!:(:mad:

Im assuming it is within final payment?? If not,book it and hope for a price drop....if it doesn't ,cancel:) Good luck,Karen!

Hmm.. tempting. Was going to book my New Years 2014 cruise (Explorer) while on Indy later this month. This gets me the same booking bonus, and almost the same reduced deposit.

The Explorer fare has remained the same for months, so it is probably worth booking given that insides are running low (according to RCI website).

Hello everyone,

My family is not new to cruising but we are new to Royal Caribbean. This will be our first cruise trying out a new cruise line so I am out of my comfort zone. I am trying to book today but am not getting the reduced deposit and it does not say anything about an onboard credit. I am trying to book through website. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Kristan

Hello everyone,

My family is not new to cruising but we are new to Royal Caribbean. This will be our first cruise trying out a new cruise line so I am out of my comfort zone. I am trying to book today but am not getting the reduced deposit and it does not say anything about an onboard credit. I am trying to book through website. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Kristan

The website does not handle the reduced deposit properly.

You have two options:

You can call Royal and book via phone.

You can select your cruise on the website and put it on courtesy hold. Then call Royal and pay the reduced deposit.

Regarding the on board credit, it will not show up for a couple of weeks after booking.

Edited by clarea

Here's a thread I had last week that might answer anymore questions..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1948731

Hi Kathy and Thank you for posting the link, if I can't get the discount for reduced deposit online how do I get it? Some people just can't use a phone whenever they want to call RCCL. Some people can't use a phone at all if they are deaf or hard of hearing, I don't think this is a fair way to do this, there has to be a better way. But Thanks again for the information. Elaine

I just booked our cruise for Nov. but the FOS was not included in the sale so the sale did me no good.

However I did get the price I wanted and the perfect balcony location. Since it follows Thanksgiving, now all I have to worry about is that airline prices for that time of the year. YUK!

Does anyone know if the normal deposit for a solo cruiser or a 7 day cruise is $500?

I am sure that in the past for solo cruises I have only paid$250(without WoW sale). I put a cruise on hold and the on line deposit request was $250. I called to make the deposit which I was expecting to be $125 and I was told the 50% deposit was calculated on line correctly and the deposit was $250.

Does anyone know if the normal deposit for a solo cruiser or a 7 day cruise is $500?

I am sure that in the past for solo cruises I have only paid$250(without WoW sale). I put a cruise on hold and the on line deposit request was $250. I called to make the deposit which I was expecting to be $125 and I was told the 50% deposit was calculated on line correctly and the deposit was $250.

Deposit amount depends on the stateroom category also. Full suites are double the normal deposit.

Edited by clarea

Hi Kathy and Thank you for posting the link, if I can't get the discount for reduced deposit online how do I get it? Some people just can't use a phone whenever they want to call RCCL. Some people can't use a phone at all if they are deaf or hard of hearing, I don't think this is a fair way to do this, there has to be a better way. But Thanks again for the information. Elaine
Well,if you dont want to call or use a travel agent to book it for you,Im afraid you won't be able to do it.:(

I just booked our cruise for Nov. but the FOS was not included in the sale so the sale did me no good.

However I did get the price I wanted and the perfect balcony location. Since it follows Thanksgiving, now all I have to worry about is that airline prices for that time of the year. YUK!

The Freedom was excluded??? :confused::confused::confused: It is supposed to be for ALL ships except the Quantum..