Royal Changed Vision Itin. from Cayman to Coz

Morning everyone,

Just happened to be searching for cruises for next year and realized that one I had booked, 5-night on Vision on 5/3/13 was showing Key West and Cozumel instead of what I booked, which was KW and Grand Cayman.

Logged in and sure enough, my itinerary has been changed.

Booked this for the combo of KW and especially Cayman (my favorite place in the Caribbean), have absolutely no desire to go back to Coz and am pretty unhappy that they switched it like this without any type of notification.

Has anyone had this happen with Cayman? They've removed it off of all of Vision's cruises, as far as I can see. What the heck?! I know they have every right to do it, but I am highly annoyed, to say the least.

We have a JS booked in a good location and don't want to switch to a bigger ship, priced it out already and too much more additional $. So I think we're stuck.

Just venting, basically!

Morning everyone,

Just happened to be searching for cruises for next year and realized that one I had booked, 5-night on Vision on 5/3/13 was showing Key West and Cozumel instead of what I booked, which was KW and Grand Cayman.

Logged in and sure enough, my itinerary has been changed.

Booked this for the combo of KW and especially Cayman (my favorite place in the Caribbean), have absolutely no desire to go back to Coz and am pretty unhappy that they switched it like this without any type of notification.

Has anyone had this happen with Cayman? They've removed it off of all of Vision's cruises, as far as I can see. What the heck?! I know they have every right to do it, but I am highly annoyed, to say the least.

We have a JS booked in a good location and don't want to switch to a bigger ship, priced it out already and too much more additional $. So I think we're stuck.

Just venting, basically!

Hi Stacy

I know it must suck to see your itinerary changing. And to me the fact that they can actually do it, ANd with no previous notification sucks even more. Cozumel is one of those been there 20 times ports that most people dont really mind. Now its just up to you to make the best of it. you could stay on board and enjoy an empty ship, or you could try going somewhere else. If you havent already, I highly suggest you to go to Playa del Carmen. It is an awesome place. Tulum is breathtaking. Maybe you could do that :)

Hiram

Completely understand ur frustration! Iv been on sailings where grand caymon has been taken away or we weren't able to tender in because of bad weather. I love grand caymon as well and kinda had my fill of Cozumel. Just wondering when was ur last visit to grand caymon and have you ever been to Cozumel before?

Hi Stacy

I know it must suck to see your itinerary changing. And to me the fact that they can actually do it, ANd with no previous notification sucks even more. Cozumel is one of those been there 20 times ports that most people dont really mind. Now its just up to you to make the best of it. you could stay on board and enjoy an empty ship, or you could try going somewhere else. If you havent already, I highly suggest you to go to Playa del Carmen. It is an awesome place. Tulum is breathtaking. Maybe you could do that :)

Hiram

Hi Hiram, thanks. I have actually been to PDC already...what my family and I like to do now is hit the best beach since we've kind of "been there, done that." I know a lot of us have been to Coz so many times. The last 4 times we've done Nachi Cocoum, but now that has become a little old. You're right, it's up to me, whether I want to stay on the ship, or go ashore and find another good beach.

Anyone have any all-inclusive beach suggestions besides Nachi? Looking for the most beautiful water :)

Completely understand ur frustration! Iv been on sailings where grand caymon has been taken away or we weren't able to tender in because of bad weather. I love grand caymon as well and kinda had my fill of Cozumel. Just wondering when was ur last visit to grand caymon and have you ever been to Cozumel before?

Hi, I was last in Cayman last year - 2012. We have been lucky because we've never missed GC...started going there on the Majesty back in the 90's. We've had good luck!

I have been to Cozumel many times as well :)

We are on the Legend 12/12 So. Caribbean sailing and without any notification (I found on via cc) that a little while ago they changed out St. Lucia with Labadee (a place we've been a bunch of times). Many of us were not happy. I don't consider Labadee southern Caribbean. It sucks, but they can do what they want if you read the fine print in the cruise contract.

But if they start doing this often, I'll be pissed. I would be so mad to miss Grand Cayman.

Have you contacted them to ask for the reason? If a port was changed during the cruise, for weather or security reasons it would be acceptable, but to change the itinerary, particularly without notifying anyone seems like a stretch too far to me. :(

Morning everyone,

Has anyone had this happen with Cayman? They've removed it off of all of Vision's cruises, as far as I can see. What the heck?!

I just checked our Vision Nov 6, 2014 cruise and GC is still on our itinerary.

But, thanks for the heads up. I will continue checking.

We are on the Legend 12/12 So. Caribbean sailing and without any notification (I found on via cc) that a little while ago they changed out St. Lucia with Labadee (a place we've been a bunch of times). Many of us were not happy. I don't consider Labadee southern Caribbean. It sucks, but they can do what they want if you read the fine print in the cruise contract.

But if they start doing this often, I'll be pissed. I would be so mad to miss Grand Cayman.

Hi - ugh, your itin change is annoying, too! That is frustrating, and I also hope they are not going to begin doing this as a rule. Been sailing Royal forever and have never had this happen before sailing. I get that they can change it, it's just not right, IMO - to sell a cruise and then change it completely. Weather, etc. I get, but these changes...are not right.

I am not happy, since we booked it for Cayman and we had special plans there. One of the best beaches in the Caribbean, IMO.

Have you contacted them to ask for the reason? If a port was changed during the cruise, for weather or security reasons it would be acceptable, but to change the itinerary, particularly without notifying anyone seems like a stretch too far to me. :(

I did call the C&A desk and was given the typical answer that I was expecting...they don't know why, they reserve to change it at any time, etc. I said the exact thing to the rep, that we booked it awhile back, and this is a major change (IMO), without even given the courtesy of notification. She said they do not notify guests for itinerary changes.

We are thinking of changing it to something else, but you know how it goes..airfare, hotels all booked.

For us, on a 5-night cruise, both ports are important.

I just checked our Vision Nov 6, 2014 cruise and GC is still on our itinerary.

But, thanks for the heads up. I will continue checking.

Interesting. I'm glad yours hasn't changed...and I hope it doesn't! I didn't see any Vision cruises going to Cayman anymore, however I probably didn't look at every month.

I did call the C&A desk and was given the typical answer that I was expecting...they don't know why, they reserve to change it at any time, etc. I said the exact thing to the rep, that we booked it awhile back, and this is a major change (IMO), without even given the courtesy of notification. She said they do not notify guests for itinerary changes.

We are thinking of changing it to something else, but you know how it goes..airfare, hotels all booked.

For us, on a 5-night cruise, both ports are important.

I've been notified of itinerary changes and sometimes of cancellations through my agency, but the latter are hit or miss - I usually find out from CC. Perhaps RCI doesn't think that individuals who book directly deserve a notice.:rolleyes:

I agree this [insert proper verb here]. We have had that happen and it is not pleasant, particularly when the deleted port is the one that caused you to book in the first place. We were fortunate that we ended up close enough that we got to see the missed port anyway. In you case, that doesn't seem to work. I suggest you check out other itineraries and see if you can get any accommodation changing cruises.

Good luck and however it turns out, enjoy your trip.

Edited by mjldvlks

Hi Hiram, thanks. I have actually been to PDC already...what my family and I like to do now is hit the best beach since we've kind of "been there, done that." I know a lot of us have been to Coz so many times. The last 4 times we've done Nachi Cocoum, but now that has become a little old. You're right, it's up to me, whether I want to stay on the ship, or go ashore and find another good beach.

Anyone have any all-inclusive beach suggestions besides Nachi? Looking for the most beautiful water :)

Secrets Aura, B Cozumel, Coral Princess and the Iberostar are the best ones to me.

I understand your frustration. We recently had our Hawaii Cruise on Rhapsody cancelled. No explanation, and they kept us in limbo for weeks. Basically, they gave us an offer, and we had only two weeks to rebook something else! Less time than they kept us waiting.